Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

How to evacuate a tenant who has got a injunction from court

Page no : 2

Bobby Mani T (Lawyer)     15 April 2010

Do not get freightened by the injuction order.  The injuction just prevents you from evict the tenant forcefully.  You can still file an application for eviction in the Rent control Court and get an order for eviction. The delay is there in the legal system. that is not a problem purticular to rent control matters. You have to bear with the delay.

1 Like

Mangesh Mane (Engineer)     23 August 2010

Originally posted by :gangai
" Sir,
   I have a property  and it was given for rent to a tenant.For about an year he stays there.About  7 months he didn't give us the rent and when we tried to force him to vacate. The tenant stays with his family and since he is an elderly person , we gave him enough time to vacate.
In the mean time we came to know that this person is of fraudulent in nature and he did  used to do this was even in his earlier landlord and at the end gets some money to vacate.At this point of time even before we act , he acted very smartly and filed a case against us asking the court that he could be evacuated only by law.Court has given the injuction and extended the same to one more month.We appointed an advocate and the notice was served to vacate him(by end of apr ,08) which he was not doing .we heard through some of the people who has this bitter experience that the tenant can extend this for few years.
I would like to know in what way this could be extended?As a owner why we don't be given the judgement sooner even if the tenant extens it.We the owner can have more personal commitments to occupy the house which we could not do it currently.Is there any other way to evacuate the tenant?Any tip can help me more in completing this case quickly and relieve our family from the mental strain.

"

Mangesh Mane (Engineer)     23 August 2010

Please ignore previous post, Accidentally posted...........

Sekar   30 May 2019

Sir,

We are in a similar situation,  please let me know how you evacuated the tenant?   Please share across your number to sekarsadasivan@yahoo.com,  would like to take your advice. 

Thank you

Sekar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register