LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harshal   22 February 2018

Uk based company demanding 4000gbp for not joining the company

Hi All, I got job offer letter from UK based company which clearly mention that "Client has accepted your CV and refusing to take this opportunity as specified in the provisional offer letter it will attract financial implications of 4000 GBP." Just because client has accepted the CV how can they force to join me. In the final reply mail I have mention I am not rejecting your offer but would be considering the offer after 6 months down the line. What action can they take on me.How I am liable to pay them 4000GBP. They havent even started the VISA processing. Please advice they are threatening me to file case in court.Can I file mental harassment case against them.

Learning

5 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 February 2018

Please continue in the same thread.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     23 February 2018

Have you entered into a contract or signed any commitment? Your query appears simple on the face of it, and the demand of penalty is illogical and illegal, unless some facts have missed attention.

Harshal   23 February 2018

Hi, I have just signed the Offer of Employment had signed the document and have send the scaned copy of it.

There was no contract or any such thing, Have share the scan copies of my passport, SSC,HSC marksheet etc. As far as I know they have spend 129 GBP for UK eligiblity test. 

I wish I can attach the document over here.

test123   23 February 2018

This is more type of fraud company.. Let them beg.... No uk or USA company will ask for money if you don't join

(Guest)

Service is matter of personal performance contract. Nobody can force you to do any specific job. If the contract is signed, the company can get you debarred from further employment at the most through Court order. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register