LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohit Kapadia   02 February 2018

Aadhaar the illusion

Can anyone guide whether it is legal or not of mandating aadhaar number in recruitment process??? And it it legal what are the supporting documents for that and if not that how to deal with that??? Recently SBI has mandated Aadhaar number in the recruitment process without which no one can submit the form.

Learning

4 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     03 February 2018

Now issue of Aadhar Card is governed by Aadhar Card Act. You may go through the act by clicking on the following link:

Aadhar Act

Now coming to your question, while approachin an Employer for employment, you should give such employer your proof of identity. Aadhar is one document the Employer is asking. The Employer might have asked for alternate document also. You may verify with the employer.

Legality in asking for Aadhar Card by the Employer is perfect and there is nothing illegal in that.  If you do not agree with this, what alternative you have?? Filing of a case!! Whether it will solve your employment problem? 

Mohit Kapadia   03 February 2018

But as per the aadhaar act no one should be denied services if he or she doesn't have aadhaar. It is mentioned in aadhaar act also. Then how can a psu bank unnecessarily demand aadhaar number just for identification. There are other modes also for identification. And already there is case pending before Hon'ble Supreme Court against aadhaar then how can government make it mandatory?? If I want to file PIL what can be the possibile outcome from that?

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     03 February 2018

So you want to challenge the rule in the court, please go ahead and file PIL in the High Court or Supreme Court against the rule of mandating Aadhar by SBI for the candidate who apply for job in the orginisation.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     03 February 2018

Sorry, I am little out of track, but I want to know in case of man and woman whose ten fingerprints are not legibles or cannot be recorded what is to be done? is there any other alternate options in staed of their fingerprints?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register