Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sarthak Nayar   16 January 2018

Should i give the entire judgement of case i am relying upon

Respected members,

I am filing a case against my neighbour, however i have doubt if i have to present the entire judgement of the case i am relying upon. for Eg i am relying upon the recent puttaswamy case, do i have to present the entire 700 pages or only the paras i am relying upon ?

Thanking You

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 January 2018

Downlaod the judgment from court website.

Keep a copy.

Cite/Highlight the paras you want to quote with citation....

Sarthak Nayar   16 January 2018

Thank you for your reply sir, but should i print all 700 pages. What if the judge asks for a copy of the judgement. Thank you again

TGK REDDI   17 January 2018

While filing a case, you needn't attach any case law.      You can file it at the time of Written Arguments.     It's enough if, in your Written Arguments, you quote your reliance.      It's not compulsory to attach it.      Court will see it getting it from the library or from the net. If you attach it, it should be in full, I think.      I invite criticising members.

Ritu rawat   19 January 2018

You don't need to attach the case law at the time of filing...only at the time of final argument, you need to mention the details of the said judgement and quate the relevant portions of it

Ritu rawat   19 January 2018

You don't need to attach the case law at the time of filing...only at the time of final argument, you need to mention the details of the said judgement and quote the relevant portions of it

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register