LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Balaji (Self)     30 November 2017

Advise on private complaint

Sir, I have filed private complaint in JFCM Court u/s 202 , 420,506.  Withness statement recorded in court by Judge ( Me, my father and one withness given statement in the court) after that  judge is not giving any order and just giving dates last one year.Last 3 hearings  Me and my lawyer not attending court hearings. Please advise if I and my lawyer  don’t attend in court next hearings what will happen. Thanks for your time.

Learning

2 Replies

rajagopal.s (Lawyer.)     30 November 2017

Hi 

Hopefully after recording the statement of witnesses, arguments(written/oral) have been made by your lawyers.

In the event of the arguments have not been made, you should request the court to commence arguments. 

In the event arguments are also made and judgment is reserved, the judge has about 90 days time to pass the orders.  If 90 days time tine is also passed, please do ask your lawyer to submit an expedite petition in court. 

Normally judges will pass orders if arguments are complete. If arguments are incomplete for some reasons, judges do not pass orders. 

So please check the record of court proceedings from court/e-courts website to know exactly where your case is pending. 

Hope this information is useful

2 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 December 2017

The Judge is not expected to adjourn the matters indefinitely. Onus rest with your advocate in getting the matter expedited.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register