LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nitin   09 November 2017

Property tax receipt document options for top up loan

I have applied for Top-up loan on Home loan. The Canfin homes ltd bank is asking for property tax receipt in documents after 2 months from sanction. The fursungi area is going under Pune Muncipal corporation, It will take much time to open grampanchayat office. I can get tProperty tax receipt will once fursungi grampanchayat office will reopen and they doesnot have idea when the office will get re-open. I need to provide property tax receipt as early as possible to bank as per bank rules. Is there any alternative option for property tax receipt documents. 

Learning

7 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 November 2017

File RTI to concerned superior office of Gram panchayat and seek simple information as follows (Follow Maharashtra application format and use adhesive court fee stamp of Rs.10/- RTI fee)  You can also file similar application to PMC.

Information solicited:

1.Please provide the probable date by which fursungi grampanchayat office will reopen, as the applicant wants to pay tax and collect such tax paid receipts for submission to Bank.

Enclose their response and file affidavit to Bank  assuring that such receipts will be produced as soon as FG panchayat reopens and maximum within 3 months.   It is enough for bank's requirement and it is just a formality and not essential document.

nitin   10 November 2017

Thanks for your suggestion.

The Topup loan sanction validity will be over in next 5 days. RTI file process would take time to proceed. is there any other alternative for property tax receipt which i can submit to bank.

RTI may take less than a day if you can explain the need to the PIO.

nitin   10 November 2017

The Fursungi Grampanchayat office is closed for now until it merged to Pune muncipal corporation. so nobody is sitting in office. I have visited the place in today. Kindly advice.

RTI has to be filed before PMC seeking information as stated above.  Atleast there is some letter on record that the panchayat was closed and it may reopen after some time, and  filing affidavit with that letter can convince the bank.  Tax paid receipts are not mandatory but only confirms mutation as Government has first charge on any assets towards dues of taxes, as per procedure stated they will insist.  For recovery of taxes, Corporation is not going to sell the building and this is simple matter. The documentation formalities are DEVIL T.   Documents, EC, Valuation report, insurance, legal opinion and Tax paid receipts.

nitin   10 November 2017

They have displayed main gate board where they have mentioned that office will get reopen on 1st Nov 2017 but it has not yet started and security guard are not allowing anybody inside. My Top-up loan sanction validity will be closed in next 5 days. I need to find any other option for property receipt. Can we provide bank in written that when the office will get reopen, will provide property tax receipt. Kindly advice.

Bank will certainly oblige, if there are reasonable grounds as tax paid receipt is not connected with documentation.  You can file the latest available with you and file  a simple letter explaining the facts.  (I always wanted you to approach PIO, Corporation and not GP)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register