LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Komal Patel   09 November 2017

Passport RENEWAL PROBLEM

I have applied passport for re-issue. I received my passport (on 6th Oct)and then Police verification done (on 7th Oct post police verification basis )..they submitted adversed report. Due to adverse police report ,I have received SCN(on 1st Nov).(person is not present on given address). Today I went to RPO for replying SCN(on9th nov). They said u have to submit your passport ,we will close you file number(for reissued passport) and have to do fresh application. They also charged me 5000 penalty which I have paid. Now I don't know how to do application for passport?

Learning

2 Replies

Binoy Gupta Dr. (Retired Senior Bureaucrat)     09 November 2017

Send your complaint to the Minister for External Affairs.
They are saying they have done away with police verification.
Police can only point out if their is a criminal record...

S K SINHA (Director)     10 November 2017

Passport will be issued  but police verification as to your address etc are needed. Earlier police verification would take months and this would lead to delay in issuance of passport and therefore backlog at Passport Office. Hnce this move. Now Passport has no arrears.

Having said above, I relate my story. Similar thing had happened . in my son's case. I live in Mumbai. My son was selected in Infosys. They wanted him to come with his pasport. So he immediately applied for pasport under tatkal.But before police verification could be done he was  asked to join Infosys at Hyderabad.When police camenaturally he was not at home in Mumbai. They put same querry person does not stay at this address something. SCN issued. My sone replied online and also sent a registered copy. I went to meet officials in Passport Office ,Thane. The idiot said, I should have got pasport of my son  when he was a child. It would have been hassle free. He also ththreatened that my sone would have to surrender his passport. Anyway. I got police verification triggered again from Passport Office. I kept following as to the likely date when police would come so that I could ask my son to come back to Mumbai to be present for police verification. Based on sms that my son got, he came rushing to Mumbai. We visited police station requesting them to visit to check. They said they cannot unless they get a paper from Passport office via their police commissioner , Belapur. My son waited for 3-4 days and went back to Hyderabad. Same story, SCN issued again. He replied again giving details. But this time we also sent a complain to MEA. After 4-5 weeks , he got a msg and a letter that SCN has been closed.

So write to Mrs Sushma Swaraj, DPG, PMO, Narendra Modi etc etc. Create hell for these fat , thick skinned, highly paid govt servants. You will get results.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register