LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay   09 November 2017

Accenture vendor not paying me after training

I am a Corporate Trainer and specialize in IT Technology. I provide training to corporates through their empanelled Vendors.

From July 10-14, I provided Training to 25 Accenture Staff at an external venue provided by Seed Infotech at Magarpatta Pune. The Vendor, Aeon Consulting India from Bangalore, provided me a PO with details of Cost and number of Days. After completing the training for 5 days, i submitted my Invoice to Aeon Consulting who came to me after 2 months and told me that i would not be getting paid because my feedback is below 4.0 out of 5.0. After i asked them for feedback form copies they refused to pick up the Phone or respond to my Emails. On contacting Accenture for the same, Accenture L&D staff at Mumbai also did not respond to my emails or phone calls.

I had to incur costs of Airport Tranfer at Chennai and Pune, daily local travel to and from venue, daily food and refreshments from my pocket. Ther vendor does not reimburse these costs. In fact they made me book a service apartment and did not send me
money for that till last day. I had to tell them that last day training won't happen if they don't send hotel charges, only then they
transferred the money.

This is the first time I am doing training through this vendor and they were initially not even giving me a PO. On insisting several times, they send me a PO.

I emailed Accenture Global CEO Pierre Nantreme, but there is no reply from Accenture so far. I also message their Indian CEO on LinkedIn but there is no reply.

Normally if companies do not like the performance of the Trainer, then training is stopped on Day1 or maximum Day 2. But Accenture got the entire training done and the students also came to me after the training and thanked me for the in-depth
training. The vendor told me that the feedback score was 3.6 (72%) so they wont' pay.

Most Indian Software companies will release payment for 72% score on training. On asking Accenture whether they have paid the vendor or not, they have not replied. The vendor is insisting that they have not been paid by Accenture, but Accenture is not confirming the same. Accenture is also refusing to share the feedback details citing 'company policy'.

Due to non-payment I had to dip into my savings and go through mental hardship as well.

Kindly let me know what kind of redressal is available in such a case and whether i can sue both parties for damages.

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

Sir, do serve a legal notice on them first next, you can initiate a suit/case..If u intend to avail my service, do contact me...

Regards,

Balachander Reddy,B.Com,LL.B,LL.M IPRs

Advocate and legal advisor,

Mobile # 9959850723.

(Guest)

Sir, do serve a legal notice on them first ,next, you can initiate a suit/case..If u intend to avail my service, do contact me...

Regards,

Balachander Reddy,B.Com,LL.B,LL.M IPRs

Advocate and legal advisor,

Mobile # 9959850723.

Vijay   09 November 2017

The invoice Amount is Rs.75,000/- Do you think it will be worth going for legal action for this amount. I would rather prefer to Sue for Damages as it has caused me lots of mental agony and loss of savings.

(Guest)

Sir, for taking any action, one should serve a legal notice its because of the principle of natural justice...,its mandatory.

(Guest)

All depends upon the terms of your written agreement with the company, if there is any.

Otherwise, there are three options for you:

(1) Convince the company with the genuineness of your claim: Or

(2) Claim through court of law after serving a legal notice: OR

(3) Compromise with the company to accept lesser amount, as the company may like to pay.

LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST - Don't jump to start with your assignment without entering in to the terms of business formalities in writing to your own satisfaction under the guidance of some expert.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register