Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Can i marry my father's sister's granddaughter?

I want to marry my Father's sister's Granddaughter that is my Father's sister's daughter's daughter, I'm in love with her, is there is any legal issues in that?

Learning

12 Replies

Jaspal singh (practicing lawyer)     29 October 2017

If you are hindu than your marriage will not be recoganized by the law.. As your marriage falls under sapinda relationship. Regards Jaspal S Maini(Adv)

(Guest)

Jaspal is correct. Your willbe brother sister marriage.

Just use condom and enjoy one two nights, that is enough, you can also use each other as keeps after u marry other partner.  HTat way u wont have disabled children.

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     29 October 2017

No, being barred by law being spinda relation.

1 Like

(Guest)

When you take decisiion to marry u just cant think about 2 of u, but for entire next generation.  Keep that in mind.  For your mistakes someone else should not suffer, that too unborn child will suffer life long and their children too.. and so forth.

1 Like

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     29 October 2017

Legally you can not marry as being sapinda relation .
1 Like

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     30 October 2017

Your marriage will be within the degrees of prohibited relationship if you are Hindu. From father's  side it extend upto 5 generations and from mother's side it will extend upto 3 generations.

Bali Bhutto   31 October 2017

No no. Brother sister marriage is bad, prohibition. Adv Raj malhotra has answered properly. This is not love. This is only lusting for body. You two have s*x with both's agreement and all love will be gone after that.

1 Like

pankaj verma   31 October 2017

no....pagal ho gya hai kya

Ram purushottam   02 November 2017

Only 2 ways if you want to marry her, either you will have to convert your religion or you will need to make both the parties her parents and your parents become ready for the marriage The law states that The marriage is possible if custom or usage governing each of them permits, Even in the case of prohibited relationship or sapind relationship. So make families to get agree for the marriage or change the religion. Now talking about medical issues related with the sapinda marriage, there is 4-5% more chances of genetic diseases like color blindness and many, consult a doctor for that

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     03 November 2017

Originally posted by : Ram purushottam
The law states that The marriage is possible if custom or usage governing each of them permits,
Even in the case of prohibited relationship or sapind relationship. So make families to get agree for the marriage or change the religion.

The meaning of custom or usage envisaged and referred to  dosent mean only the family.  It means that if the entire community follow such a practice, then only the marriage will be valid otherwise not. 

PARTEEK SACHDEVA   18 November 2017

Mr ram parushotam u said if families of both are allowed then is it possible to registration accirding to hindu marriage act?...

PARTEEK SACHDEVA   18 November 2017

Mr ram if both parties parents are agree then is it possible to get legaly registration in hindu marriage act?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register