LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gopalakrishna HA   24 October 2017

Esic and spree

Sir, Ours is a Trust running educational institution since 1992. We are making payments of PF, PT regularly from a long time. ESI was not introduced. All of a sudden in Dec. 2015 ESI officials visited, collected data & had issued a notice in Jan. 2016 asking us to pay nearly 9lakh rupees as due from 2011. None has come to school or given notice/information about ESIC till 2015. We made our submissions stating the same point and quoting the pendency of the case filed by the State Association against ESIC in Karnataka HC. In the meanwhile we have seen the notification ‘SPREE’ of Govt., a promotional offer. Making use of this opportunity to provide benefits to employees we have registered our institution in March 2017 and making payments thereon sincerely. But the ESIC has sent one more notice in Sept. 2017 after 18 months from April 25th, 2016 [the date of our submission] demanding Rs.13lakhs. We may kindly be guided according to SPREE will the dues that the ESIC claiming will be waived off or it is to be paid. Is there any stay for the ESIC action on recovering the dues from the unregistered educational institutions ?

Learning

3 Replies

Gopalakrishna HA   26 October 2017

Sir, The forum has given very good legal responses which have helped a lot with moral support. I request the forum to please guide in the ESI and SPREE matter too.

Gopalakrishna HA   01 November 2017

Sirs, can I expect a suitable guidance in the matter?

Gopalakrishna HA   01 November 2017

Sirs, can I expect a suitable guidance in the matter?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register