LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mini   22 October 2017

Can i file a cheating case on my ex boyfriend for

I was in a relationship with a man until 2 days back for past 1 year and two months. He promised to marry me and said that he will show my photo to his parents n talk to them about me. Recently i came to know that he was already engaged in 2016 itself even before meeting me.. But still he had physical relationship with me and i trusted him so much as he said he would marry me. Also i came to know that apart from me he was also having relationship with one more girl too. Basically he was triple timing 3 girls at a time. On September 12 this year one of his friend called me up and told me that he is already engaged and even has a child with some other women. Also his ex gf called me up and told that he still has contact with her and was planning to have s*x with her. Now recently his to be wife has told that the man has told her that i am a characterless women n sleeps around with other men whearas on the other hand its him who is in relationship with me. I would like to give more details about this case.. But right now i just want to know if i can take any action against him. Because he cheated on me with the promise of marriage despite being already engaged and kept lying about it till 19th September this year. But ita just that i donot want to involve my parents in this case. Please help me.

Learning

8 Replies

Naishadh Vyas (Lawyer)     22 October 2017

yes there can be case filed and FIR could be launched provided you have enough proofs to prove your claim.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     22 October 2017

you may file a criminal case against him before court or police for the rape as you consent was obtained by him with the false promise of marriage, apart from this you may also file a civil suit for damage the reputation and claim compensation.

Mini   22 October 2017

Yes i have all the proofs.. But I m scared as i dont want my family involved.

being scared will not help. As sateted by brother Nadeem Quereshi If you go for police case and court appeals I guess your parents would definately come to know but be assured then in with proofs vicotory would be yours. and thre is nothing to be scared off. Be brafe and fight for Justice.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     22 October 2017

No need to worry, it is your personal matter hence the involvement of your parents will not be in picture.

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     22 October 2017

Please read this article and see if your case falll under rape with promise to marry...

https://lexspeak.in/2016/08/rape-and-promise-to-marry/

Involvement of parents will not be in picture but they will definately know about the case hence they will be indirectly involved.

Mini   22 October 2017

Based on this what is the maximum punishment he can get?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register