Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aadhya   04 October 2017

How to know whether a case is filed on me or not?

Recently i had lent money(85k) to one of my friend who cited the reason of his father hospitalisation. After that we came to know that it's false and tried to contact him but he switched off his mobile, then we started asking his father who was completly reluctant, so one of my friend aggrieved by his fathers behaviour and said that he will complain to police. But we contacted his father next time his father said if we call him he will complain to police. Next day i got a call, as i was in office i wasn't able to pick, but in truecaller  it showed as a police number. But there is no call after that. It took place 5 months back. I am quite worried if there is any case registered on me as i am preparing for civil services.

It may seem silly to ask here but i am worried regarding this. Anyone please help.

Learning

2 Replies

SHREY DAMBHARE   04 October 2017

Firstly, There is no police complaint filed against you, if it had been filed then something would happen. But, since 6 months nothing happen then there is no such complaint. Why don't you file Police Complaint with all this facts saying your friend cheated you? If you file Police Complaint, it will certainly help you and you will get to know whether any prior complaint is filed against you.  

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     04 October 2017

Police sent a notice calling accused person for investigation and if case is filed in court the court will sent you notice. Since six months have already lapsed so there is bleak chance of any police complaint against you. Even if you want to confirm then approach the concern the magistrate court and get information from naib court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register