Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Purnendu   16 September 2017

Cheque bounce case

Hello Sir,

I would like to know what are the legal procedings if a cheque has been bounced due to insufficient funds.

Please guide me on the same.

Regards,

Purnendu Basak

Learning

9 Replies

Murari lal Shukla   16 September 2017

Deposit the necessary amount into ur concerned account and inform to the drawee so that he can draw the amount.

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     16 September 2017

If cheque dishonoured for any reason then drawee shall issue notice u/s.138 N.I. Act and if the same will not be complied by drawer then complaint case u/s.138 N.I Act. The punishment in such case is 2 years imprisonment and double of the cheque amount as penalty. Such cases are required to be tackled tactfully.  Sidharth9811776422

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     17 September 2017

Rightly advised by above both experts.

Purnendu   17 September 2017

Dear Sir, Thank you for the reply. Please note I am the Drawee and the Drawer is intentionally delaying the cheque. Please advise if the cheque returned due to "Stop Payment" by the Drawer will the same proceeding can be initiated?

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     17 September 2017

Yes, the procedure is same. Cheque dishonoured for any reason attract prosecution u/s.138NI Act.

Purnendu   18 September 2017

Thank u Sir. One last question what is the court fees for these kind of cases that I want to know. Accordingly would proceed further.

Thank u Sir. One last question what is the court fees for these kind of cases that I want to know. Accordingly would proceed further.

Sir, please can you guide me on the court fees for these cases.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register