LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohit kumar (professional)     14 September 2017

Tenant rights

Hi Since my grandfather's time , we're running a shop. ( nearly approx 70-80 years) This is our 3rd generation who is running it & paying a rent to the owner of the shop promptly. We're having very good relationship with owner ( with their current generation ) The problem is that , The owner & his cousine brothers having conflict between them and running a court case. His cousine is claiming ownership on this shop. The worst is , this cousine is threatning & giving warning to us that if they won the case they would evict us. I am just concern about our family future as our house income is depends on this. What are my rights in terms of this ? Can he have rights to evict? Please guide.

Learning

5 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     14 September 2017

Sir, The tenant has only rights of occupation and is protected by law, landlord can not evict the tenant if he observes all the rules of Rent Act. Kishor Mehta

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     14 September 2017

Let the court to decide the case and let the case attains its finality. Being tenant you have every right in the property. Even if the Cousin win the case even then he has to follow due procedure for eviction. Consult with details a lawyer.

Thank you Siddharth sir & Kishor sir. Appreciate your prompt response. Where can I read entire rent act ?

Thank you Siddharth sir & Kishor sir. Appreciate your prompt response. Where can I read entire rent act ?

Thank you Siddharth sir & Kishor sir. Appreciate your prompt response. Where can I read entire rent act ? Sorry I didn't get due procedure .. what is It?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register