Get Courses and Combos at Upto 50% OFF!
Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

General Power of Attorney- Is it to be registered?

Page no : 2

umesh (jew)     30 September 2012

Respected sir 

Im from karnataka. my father is having land tat land we got from LAND TRIBUNAL in 1982. tat land is in my grandma's name. but in 1993 one fellow was prepared GPA NOTARY in favour of his "MOTHER" without registration and forgered MY GRANDMA tumb impression but according to LAND TRIBUNAL ACT land cannot sell before 15yrs from the date of getting lant from land tribunal.my grandma was expired in 1997 after tat he Make register tat land from his own mother in 1997.after tat he went to thaluk office for changing KATHA AND PHANI but revinue inspector rejected tat file. now he is putting case agenst my father in 2012...

so plz advice me

GPA without registration is valid?? and wats the GPA Validity...

GPA without registration is valid?? and wats the GPA Validity...

NARASIMHAN MADHAVAN (Asst.Manager ( retd))     18 February 2014

Dear Sir 

I am in Delhi and I have a purchased a flat in Chennai . Since I am unable to go to Chennai to get my flat registered I want to give Power of Attorney to my mother for doing the registration. How it can be done and where it can be done. Since I will not be in a position to go to Chennai My mother will be coming to Delhi Can I get the GPA registered in Delhi and for registration of Flat in Chennai , what is the procedure. Please enlighten me in this aspect.

rpl   20 March 2016

if it is related with sale of land or purchase of land in my parent's name is it necessary to register general power of attorney or notarization is ok?

d c bhargava (NA)     30 October 2017

It is mentioned above that a Foreign POA has to be stamped by the collector in India within a prscribed time of 3 months. I as the holder living in Delhi, and the property is in Gurgaon, Haryana.

1. Has the POA to be stamped only in the Collectors Office or can it be also stamped in the Sub registrar's office.  2.   Does the Collectors office imply the SDM.s office. I understand there are many hassles there involving high 'expectations'.     They even ask for the envelope in which the POA has come, whereas our POA was sent through a friend coming to India.                                                                                                                                                3. In the sub registrar's office there should not be any 'overhead' costs, if it can be done there.

Kindly clarify and inform the lesser hassle free option. 

I shall be grateful 

DC Bhargava

sundeep kumar gaddam   02 August 2019

Wat is the validity or when GPA becomes null and void

sundeep kumar gaddam   15 September 2019

Any supreme court judgement regarding void of POA when extuatant expires

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register