LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lok kumar   26 July 2017

Laptop was stolen at pg accommodation

Hello everyone I have been staying in a pg accommodation in Jayanagar bengaluru and recently my laptop was stolen when I came back to the pg I had kept it inside my friends wardrobe which has no lock when I had left the pg to go outside I didn't lock the room door as there were two other people in the other room.Now I have given up hope that I will get my laptop and charger back so I want to hold my pg owner responsible and make her pay or buy me a new laptop .the pg owner is always in dispute with the house owner and I have seen her sometimes engaging in illegal activities like she has been paying domestic electricity fees since start of the pg also in her agreement with the house owner it's stated that only 6 guys can stay here and not more than that also she doesn't have trade license from the BBMP also there are no security facilities here like guard or camera my room has no lockers we can only lock the room door. So I wanted to file an fir stating all her illegal acts also so police can take action against her and hopefully she will compromise with me and buy me the laptop. Can anyone advice me in this situation please explain also I just want to get paid the laptop money by holding her responsible thank you

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     26 July 2017

This is your personal issue and you have to take a decision.

In general several innocent and not educated women make a living  only through rents and follows the earlier procedure out of ignorance.

Not taking proper precautions for safety of their own belongings in any public place and in un locked room, keeping a lap top in open almirah lures any one and there is negligence in you.

I do not know, whether it is proper to proceed against a self employed woman, for one's own negligence, digging out un connected things and dragging all this only because of loss of lap top.  No one can judge or decide, it is left to your wisdom, as you have seen the PG accommodation, knows the available facilities, enjoying  as a guest and expect the hosting woman to be a watchman to guard your belonging, when the room was unlocked and when there are several residents.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 July 2017

Check if the manufacturer can track or lodge police complaint. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register