LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lavika (HR Executive)     15 July 2017

My maternal uncle dragging me intentionally in civil suit

Hi my father is having a property dispute for a shop with his step brothers.His brothers (My uncle) booked a suit of injuction and gave the name of my father,my mother,my brother who is a student and me.I being a married girl,living in different state and not looking for any share in my maternal property,can they give my name like this,
Indirectly they tried to hamper my image in my inlaws.Please guide me how to get out of this. 

Learning

9 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 July 2017

You are a legal heir.

Probably that is why your name is included.

The common lawyer can represent you. 

Azhagananth (Lawyer)     15 July 2017

As legal Heir of the property your impleaded in the suit. if you don't want any share, then you may submit to the decree, but it will affect your parents and brother.

ask your parents to follow/contest the case on your behalf and feel free...

Sood   15 July 2017

You are legal heir. As your father is alive it was no need to specific need to name each and every heir. You have to file a reply in the injunction suit. Rest things will be more clear if you write little in brief.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 July 2017

This should not affect you amongst your in laws.

The elders would understand that you are legal heir and thta is why you are impleaded.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     16 July 2017

I agree with Kumar Doab.Nothing more to say.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 July 2017

Let your entire family engage only one advocate.  Impleading all legal heir is just a legal formality.  Sail with your parents and siblings and you need not spend one paisa, as your advocate is common.  No in law can misunderstand such partition issues, and indirectly more happy to know that you may get a share in your paternal property.

P. Venu (Advocate)     16 July 2017

Being cited as a defendant in the suit, in no way, affects anyone. You have the discretion to ignore the summons.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 July 2017

Thanks for agreeing Ms.Usha Kapoor.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 July 2017

Hope you are satisfied.

Relax and handle the matter as suitable to you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register