LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yadagiri   05 July 2017

Harasment by Bank exe with me and my Dad

Hello Sir, This is Yadagiri from Warangal, Telangana state, Am running textile business. My problem is Few days before Me and me dad got a call from one person on 25Jun2017,he said that he is from Icici bank, and he said that, "One person Mr Damoder Pasunuri taken loan from Icici bank and the amount is 2,50,000. He is not paying instalments, he is not recieving our calls, we dont have his another numbers, they r asked for his personal details," Then that time I asked " Yes he is my Degree friend, but he is not in touch with me from last 8 yeras, Because my degree completed in 2008 ,I asked, how can you get my number,and I asked why r u calling me for his loan payment?" They said that, "He given your details and number as Reference" Am shocked, I dont know when he is taken loan, At that time we both r not in touch, I have taken 2 days time from them, and searched his number from my friends, Finally got his number asked about this issue, he is saying ,am not given your details to the bank, i dont know how they are calling you, Finally I given his number to Bank executive, When they r calling to my friend he not giving proper response, Am clearly said both the Icici bank executive and my friend 'am not responsible person to your transactions, please try to solve both of you' They agreed After 2 days am recieving more calls from bank and irritating, and harrasing me and my dad, Am a Kidney Transplant patient, Having High Blood Pressure always, with this tensions am not concentrating on my business, Am not given any reference to anyone till now in the banks, My parents are fearing, My friend is also liyng and bank executives irritating and harrasing, Any legal or general advice please, Thanku Regards Yadagiri P 9989634921

Learning

9 Replies

Khalid Khan   05 July 2017

Please record the call if you receive it next time, thereafter write a letter to local police station about this , also submit complaint on icici bank website https://www.icicibank.com/complaints/complaints.page Also block the number from which he is calling dont worry he cannot do anything against you , if you have not signed any papers related to bank guruantee.
1 Like

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     05 July 2017

I concur with Mr.Khalidkhan's opinion.

chirag patel (JOBLESS)     05 July 2017

even if you have given gaurantee to the bank...bank cannot do anything.  tell the bank person do whatever they want to ...reply them take legal action against you ...they can simply harass..  i had a deep knowlege about this type of activities.  you can lodge FIR in nearest police station giving the phone no. from which you are getting harassment.  if police station does not take FIR then approach nearest high court...I am sure by doing this things they will not call and harass you ...100% gaurantee without any fees...

enjoy the life

Yadagiri   05 July 2017

Thanks for giving your valueble advice sir,
" if you have not signed any papers related to bank guruantee."
Dear Khalid Khan Sir, I have not signed on any Papers,

Thanks to Ramesh Francis & Ms Usha Kapoor

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 July 2017

Mr.Yadagiri,

This is just a routine form of ride taken by Banks, taking every customer as granted, as it is their duty.

You are not involved and just send a Registered Legal notice that you are not concerned with loan, or details of borrowers and not disturb you with further calls, and block the calls in your mobile.  Inform them with more clarity that any calls in future will be treated as harassment in future.  After issue of such notice, even after receipt if you receive any calls, register a complaint in their on line website and to Reserve Bank of India, through pgportal against ICICI.   Still if they continue then file a criminal complaint.   As advised keep the concersation recording.

1 Like

Yadagiri   05 July 2017

Ok Sir Thank you

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 July 2017

Record all calls. You remain amiable and gentle during the call.

Ask the calling person to speak his name (1st+middle+last), phone number from which he/she is calling, designation, name of employer/agency that appointed it and pay salary, address with pin code, email id, office number with STD code, fax number with STD code,

Name of his manager, owner of agency with their details as mentioned above

Name of manager if M/s ICICI bank to which this agency reports, with their details as mentioned above

And then not to call you ever again

Your friend has already confirmed that he has not given your reference.

Mere reference does not make you guarantor.

Lodge police complaint under proper acknowledgment

Write to Ms. Chanda Kochar Chairperson of M/s ICICI bank and lodge complaint and attach the call recordings………….and copy of police complaint……………….and ask who has authorized the callers to call you and others and why they are calling again and again……………and ask to supply you certified copy of loan application and written communication by this person vide which he has given your reference in writing…………and finally to beg apology in writing and confirm in writing that henceforth the calls shall stop……………..or you shall approach court of law.

Mark a copy to your own local lawyer………..

M/s ICICI Bank must have place list of its recovery agencies on its website, per RBI guidelines.

You and even your friend may go thru various illustrated threads containing reference of RBI guidelines,judgments etc that you can search thru search option at LCI e.g;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Harrasment-by-icici-banks-recovery-agents-76271.asp

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register