LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi   26 June 2017

Death case job

Respected sir  I am from punjab. my father expire in june 2017. He was govt employee in Punjab State Power Corporation Limited. He was working as SDO post. Can i apply for my father job. I am doing b.tech in electrical engineering last year. My stduy not complete . Therefore my plan is that i apply for job after one year. My question is how much time for apply job ?

Learning

21 Replies

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     26 June 2017

Removed

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 June 2017

"Can i apply for my father job."

Not at all.  Govt posts are not ancestral.  You can at the most apply for job on compassionate ground whcih is not your father's job.

"I am doing b.tech in electrical engineering last year. My stduy not complete"

It is not at all relevant whether you complete B Tech or even complete M Tech.

For compassionate job all that is important is :-

(i) if 8th pass (now 10th) he can be considered for peon on otherwise for lower post than peon.

(ii) if 10th pass (now 12th) he can be offered the job of LDC or equivalent nothing mor ethna that

actual qualification of candidate is not relevant.

"Once you clear the exam and get through the interview, you can be made SDO (Sub-divisional officer.) Please note, the age limit to appear for the exam is between 21-30."

I fully disagree with above views :-

1. SDO is not the lowest Gp-C post where 5% seats could be left for compassionate appointment.
  2. candiaate of compassionate job do not sit in exam.
  3. age limit (nothing elese) is exempt for  compassionate job.

Ravi   26 June 2017

How much time for apply ?

can i apply after one year when my study complete ?

Ravi   26 June 2017

How much time for apply ? can i apply after one year when my study complete ?

Ravi   26 June 2017

When complete b.tech then which post give me ?

even if you complete PhD you cannot be considered for compassionate appointment beyond LDC or equivalent and that too if the vacancy is available in 5% quota of DR or else any lower post  ( as available in 5% ) can be offered and refusal is closure of the case.

Delay is filing request will establish lack of immediate need and will hamper merits of the case.

It  is you and you alone who has to decide whether your B tech is real one or ornamental one (as available in all rural colleges).  Some B Tech degrees today are not worth B Tech. I have some B Tech boys sitting for the exam for LDC or Peon and getting through and joining.

why cannot your mother apply.

Originally posted by : Ravi
How much time for apply ? can i apply after one year when my study complete ?

even if you complete PhD you cannot be considered for compassionate appointment beyond LDC or equivalent and that too if the vacancy is available in 5% quota of DR or else any lower post  ( as available in 5% ) can be offered and refusal is closure of the case.

Delay is filing request will establish lack of immediate need and will hamper merits of the case.

It  is you and you alone who has to decide whether your B tech is real one or ornamental one (as available in all rural colleges).  Some B Tech degrees today are not worth B Tech. I have some B Tech boys sitting for the exam for LDC or Peon and getting through and joining.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 June 2017

Download compassionate employment rules of establishment.

Submit application without delay, of course under proper acknowledgment.

Narrate all facts e.g; being a student of…………….course, term of course, tentative date of completion  etc etc, in application.

The seasoned employee's/trade union leaders, a very able local senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in labor/service matters can help and guide you.

I am sending you a few links that you may go thru.

Same query;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=151165&offset=0

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 July 2017

Hope you are satisfied and have acted.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register