LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Surya Singh   22 April 2017

Car insurance claim closed without intimation

My name is Surya Singh S/O Late Mr. Sumitranandan Singh my father has taken a car insurance from ICICI Lombard bearing policy no: 3001/99743963/00/000 he met with an unfortunate accident on 1/6/2015 in Shahbad, hardoi (U.P) in which we lost him. The incident was updated to ICICI and claim was registered as the vehicle was in police custody it took me 6 months to get it released from the court after which i towed the car to nearby workshop which ICICI has tie - up.Then the surveyor Mr. Rajeev Singh came on the workshop to do the survey he told us that we cannot do cashless repair and the workshop manager said the same but according to the website of ICICI the workshop named Concept cars is in list of cashless workshop. I Handed all the documents asked by him in the month of December 2015 including copy my of ID and address proof in which the mentioned address is of pune were me and my family stays and the communication address will be of pune i told him.Some days past with no update so i followed them up their legal team call me up and told that they have not received the documents and i was surprised so i have to scan and send the document to Mr. Mathur from ICICI i dont know Mr.Rajeev Singh has done with documents i have given him. I got frustrated which such response from Mr. Rajeev Singh so i approached Mr.Ashok Kumar his manager i was communicating with him but after sometime there was no response and he called me and told me that he has send letters to us to submit the car repair bills but we have not responded i asked where have you send those letters he said at the address that the insurer Late. Mr. Sumitranandan Singh has given to ICICI which was the company address were he was working but after his death there is no point sending letters at that address and i told him to send it pune address which he didnt. After sending three letters thats what he told me he had closed the claim mentioning documents not submitted i was in shock how can he do that i asked him what should i do know he told me to pay amount of 50-60 thousand rupees to the workshop and drop him a mail mentioning the amount so he could talk to his seniors and tell them that we have started the repair work so they could consider and i did what he said i transferred the funds to the workshop and dropped him a mail as asked but he didnt replied and when i called him he told me he cant do anything in that i called up the customer service they told me they cant help me i have to get the claim opened legally Ms.Sunita from PD desk told me i asked them to reply the same on the mail that i have sent to Mr.Ashok saying they cant reopen the claim they said yes they will but its more than 15 days there is no response. Kindly help me with this i am going through this harassment from past 1.5 year. everytime they say they will look into it and update me but no replies from them please guide me what should i do??

Learning

4 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 April 2017

Please state the concise facts.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 May 2017

Dont worry about this non-responsive or irresponsible attitude of the insurance company, they can be dragged to consumer court for their hostile attitude as well as for the deficiency of services. 

You first issue a legal notice narrating the event chronologically and seek the relief and compensation, if there is no response for this notice, you may drag the entire company to the consumer court with a complaint and seek relief including compensation for the mental depression. 

Contact a good advocate who would be able to handle such cases. 

Mahendra   01 November 2017

Hi Surya, I have experienced a similar issue with ICICI Lombard's bike insurance service. You can consider reporting it to their grievance redressal forum. It is extremely difficult to deal with their managers and especially when we are in need of money, these insurance companies simply try to dominate us and avoid paying. Please consider changing your insurance provider at the earliest.

But don't worry, in my advice, you can send them a legal notice and threaten to raise the issue in court. My cousin had sent a legal notice to the branch head of Malkapur and he was immediately called in the office and his dues were settled. 

Please don't worry and keep following the legal procedure. Firstly try to settle the matter off the court and if does not then go for a legal route.

Surajit Nath   20 April 2022

Don't worry sometimes insurance companies creating this types of issues for ignore claim. But You don't move into another side, stick with it and follow their rules, The problem will definitely solve. Because in 2019 I am facing this kind of problem when I purchase a bike insurance policy from gibl, but their services very fast, in few days they completely solve my problem.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register