LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chandrashekhar joshi   19 March 2017

No service and delivery of bike

I given bike to repair in garage. Even after 7 month he has not given delivery.I made verbal (his name and number written in there book )complaint in police station. I have paid 2000 by cheque and 2000 by cash. By which act I can file a complaint. What proof I should submit.

Learning

9 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Chandrashekhar joshi
I given bike to repair in garage. Even after 7 month he has not given delivery.I made verbal (his name and number written in there book )complaint in police station. I have paid 2000 by cheque and 2000 by cash. By which act I can file a complaint. What proof I should submit.

If bike is too old and not able to get spares, then better sell it in scrap.  If you are spending 4000 rupees on bike repair, it has done its service to you.  You either keep it in showcase or sell it to gujri on per kg basis.

I propose Modi ji to open mechanic administrative tribunal MAT. After which all those who have problem with mechanics can file petition there.  The judge will be a sitting mechanic or a retired mechanic. laugh  

PS:  If they ie police take a complaint in writing from you, please let me know under which section they filed case.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 March 2017

Approach DCDRF preferably thru a very able counsel specializing in consumer matters.

If you feel confident you may handle it your self.

Check details at:

www.confonet.nic.in

Dr. Atul [9013898936] (Lawyer, Scholar)     19 March 2017

What the hell are they doing with your bike for 7 months? surprise And what's the police got to do with it anyways?

If you have already paid ₹4000 to the workshop and its pending for 7 months, I can't imagine what kind of a maintenance work could it be.

Having said that, whether it is scrap or not, whether spares are available or not, irrespective of it all , they have no right to charge you and then sleep over your bike for thaaat long. Either they do the job or return the bike. Send a written legal notice by registered post asking them to finish the job within a week and deliver the bike or else, return the bike in the same condition as it was given to them, with refund of the advance paid by you along with interest.

Chandrashekhar joshi   20 March 2017

byke is in good condition. when i verbaly made a complaint month ago he agre to delever in three days in front of police. now he is justb extending the date . i am thinking to make leagal complaint. suggest act or what proof i should have . i have voice recording wgile talking face to face.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 March 2017

You must be having the job card copy.

You must have signed it.

You must be having the reciept of amounts paid.

Dr. Atul [9013898936] (Lawyer, Scholar)     21 March 2017

Collect proof of delivery of the bike to the workshop/job sheet and proof of payment of amounts. Deliver a written notice to to the workshop mentioning the inordinate delay and the advance payments. No point going into recorded conversations now (or at any stage, really). Ask for the bike serviced within a week and compensaton for delay. See their response, and then, we may talk about Consumer Protection Act; though you seem to be way too eager and itching to act on an Act.

Chandrashekhar joshi   21 March 2017

Thanks Atul sir

Thanks Kumar dir

Thanks Kumar sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register