LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chirag   17 February 2017

Fb pics saved by unknw person

What if someone gets into FB profile & starts copying all ur latest pics without my consent by using someone else id to collect my day to day activity.....like goin with frends or parties......is it breach of security or privacy breach or stalking.....

Reason i m askin is my opponent lawyer has produced all my pics in court and my wife is claiming false statement of extra marital affair...

Can i counter file for breach of security or stalking under I.T act under which section

Can whats app chats be authenticated if i hve taken  a screenshot....is screenshot authenticated

Learning

8 Replies

Dr. Atul [9013898936] (Lawyer, Scholar)     17 February 2017

How can a anybody other than those permitted by you access your FB material, if you chose your FB privacy options correctly.

In any event, if the pictures are such as cannot lead to a reasonable possibility of extra-marital affair there is nothing anybody can gain from them [I was dying to use a more desi phrase for it, but let it be] (and extra-marital affair ain't a joke of holding hands with opposite se.x buddy); if they are such as to lead to such assumption or conclusion, you had no business to publicly share them in the first place and you deserve it.

And so far as activity log is concerned, I don't think ANYBODY except the user himself can view it (somebody correct me if I'm mistaken). 

There is no breach of your security or stalking to form any offence under the IT Act. Yes your privacy was breached...sorry you don't live in Europe and there is no law to give you an actionable right for breach of privacy.

Nobody can authenticate WhatsApp messages as primary evidence at the moment in India for the reason that they are encrypted end-to-end and nobody except the sender and the recipient, not even WhatsApp Inc., can intercept or decrypt them, A screenshot may be proved as secondary evidence.

Sachin (N.A)     17 February 2017

Originally posted by : Chirag
What if someone gets into FB profile & starts copying all ur latest pics without my consent by using someone else id to collect my day to day activity.....like goin with frends or parties......is it breach of security or privacy breach or stalking.....

Reason i m askin is my opponent lawyer has produced all my pics in court and my wife is claiming false statement of extra marital affair...

Can i counter file for breach of security or stalking under I.T act under which section

If you have posted the pics as Public Post in FB and your wife or lawyer on her behalf take printout of same and produce in the court then it is not stalking or breach of security

Sachin (N.A)     17 February 2017

But it is correct only pics with other lady will not prove any offence or extra marital affair.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 February 2017

In today's world the male and female interact at work place and social place.

Counter the allegations. 

Dr. Atul [9013898936] (Lawyer, Scholar)     17 February 2017

Or maybe produce pictures of all-guys-only lunches too wink

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 February 2017

It is a vague query

who posted the pictures?

why posted the picture?

whoc copies?

why copies?

Praveen Mittal (Owner)     18 February 2017

chose your FB privacy options correctly.and if u know who has copied you pics and is misusing file complaint in nearest police station Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Fb-pics-saved-by-unknw-person-147119.asp

Sri Vijayan.A (Legal Consultant)     18 February 2017

When your privacy settings are so, you cant blame fb or others.

Instead of trying to blame them, try to find grounds on merits. Dont waste time.

Mean while change your fb settings.

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register