LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SR   17 February 2017

Leakage from upper floor toilet

I own a flat in Navi Mumbai , which I have put it on rent , as I reside in Bangalore.There is a leakage on my bedroom ceiling due to the toilet in the upper floor.The owner upstairs is uncooperative , also my society does not want to get involved, and is asking me to solve it on my own.

What should I be doing in such a case?

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

For such petty issues, you need legal solution? Get in touch with plumber.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     18 February 2017

Sir,

[1] Send a notice to the owner of the flat above you asking him/her to repair the leakage within a reasonable period, forward a copy to the secretary of the society requesting him to issue notice to that member.

[2] Send a complaint to the Building & Factory department of the Municipality and forward copies of your above letters.

It is mandatory for the Municipality to take immediate action, if suitable action is not taken by the Municipality, you can follow it up with RTI to the officer concerned and also a complaint to Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum.

Good Luck,

Kishor Mehta

BAPOO M. MALCOLM (Advocate and Empanelled Arbitrator Bombay High Court I 7809 OS 14436)     18 February 2017

Agree with Kishore, not with Helping Hand,nor with autohide4u. If in Mumbai, a 15-day notice, if unattended, will ensure water cut-off to the upper floor. That's that law.

Sri Vijayan.A (Legal Consultant)     18 February 2017

I fully endorse the views of Mr.Kishore Mehta.

If the building is new one, add this

(1a) Send the copy of the notice to Builder or make him as a respondent.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register