Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi kumar prajapati (CA Final student)     13 December 2016

Fcra law query

Dear freinds,

kindly help me regarding FCRA law query :

1. Can a paymeny will be made from FCRA account for dometic project / domestic vendor who is working in domestic projects. 

from example : SBI bank Bank give donation to NGO for indian project in indian currency & deposited in domestic Rs Account. but an NGO is using FCRA account for payment to vendors of indian projects.

if not under which section kindly quote it..

Learning

3 Replies

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao (legalquestadvisor@gmail.com )     13 December 2016

Dear Ravi Kumar,

Basically, the provisions of FCRA will come in force, when there is contribution is made by foreigner to India.

The Party, who is receiving such foreign contribution shall make and application for registration under FCRA rules and shall maintain a separate account for such foreign contribution along with their domestic account.

After obtain registration, such party shall  furnish the details of receipt and expenditure of amounts to the FCRA authorities on quarterly basis.

Ravi kumar prajapati (CA Final student)     13 December 2016

Dear Sir,

Thanks for the prompt reply. i will be thankfull if you clear my doubts as follows :

1. NGO is receiving donation from domestic company in Rs for domestic indian project. and deposited the amount in domestic account and for the same indian project they used FCRA account money not domestic account money and the vendor to whom payment is made has not obtained FCRA reg or prior permisson..so what will be the consequence of penalty..with section..?

2. as you are aware about lokayukt return under FCRA law having last date of return filling is 31st December 2016. kindly explain which officer or manager or secratary or directors have to fill the return as in my NGO there are so many managers like asst manager, manager, AGM, GM board of trustee..explain as there is no clarification on FCRA site regarding this..and my NGO is receiving foreign contribution more than 10 lacs. 

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao (legalquestadvisor@gmail.com )     13 December 2016

Dear Ravi Kumar,

With regard to Querry No.1

The expenditure made from FCRA Account by the NGO to any Vendor need not have registration certificate from the FCRA authorities. However, the NGO shall furnish all the details of accounts to the FCRA authorities on quarterly basis.

The person, who is authorised to look after the affairs of the NGO is competent to sign the application for NGO. However, such renewals will be made through online in FC-3 https://fcraonline.nic.in/fc_public_login.aspx?Resp_Id=1

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register