Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sandy   29 September 2016

Police verification

hello

two years ago I accidentally trespassed into a house in an inebriated state. It was an accident and they were independent houses and all the houses look exactly the same. since I was drunk the people in the house, who were bachelors, thought i was an intruder and started beating me up until my friends came and intervened. everything was calm and cool but i lost my cool and i went against the inhabitants of the house for beating me (i just shouted at them and i asked them to lodge a police complaint ; yeah, i know, it is my stupidity) so they lodged a complaint with the police.

the police took me to  the police station and scolded me for being so irresponsible. after that i don't know what happened the inhabitants wrote something on a paper and i was asked to pay a fine of 1500 in the court. i was sent after spending around 1 hr in the police station and the next day i went to the court and paid the fine. the police there assured me that it was a petty case and nothing to worry at all.

currently am not working and am preparing for government competetive exams and the incident happened in chennai and now i live in hyderabad. the police station which took me in was also not the place i used to live while i was in chennai.

My question is, in future, will i be in trouble if i were to undergo a police verification after getting into a job???

thank u

Learning

9 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     29 September 2016

San dy noting to worry for future police verificate since u had been aquited by court.

If u like my suggestion then give THANK on my profile.

1 Like

but sir...acquittal means being cleared of all wrong doings without having to pay any fine....but i had paid the fine which means i was found guilty of wrong doing .....

i didn't quite understand what u had said

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 September 2016

IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA CIVIL APPELLATE JURISDICTION CIVIL APPEAL NO(s). 1430 OF 2007 COMMR.OF POLICE AND ORS Appellant (s) VERSUS SANDEEP KUMAR Respondent(s)

"At that age young people often commit indiscretions, and such indiscretions can often been condoned. "

https://judis.nic.in/supremecourt/imgs1.aspx?filename=37770

saravanan s (legal advisor)     29 September 2016

No need to worry. It's petty case only.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 October 2016

Originally posted by : adv.bharat @ PUNE
San dy noting to worry for future police verificate since u had been aquited by court.

If u like my suggestion then give THANK on my profile.

when he has been fined then how he can be stated to be acquitted.

sandy   01 October 2016

Originally posted by : Sudhir Kumar

when he has been fined then how he can be stated to be acquitted.

sir my question is simple....

If I were to get selected in a government job or any other job for that matter, will this case jeopardise my career and my life?

will i be treated as a criminal equivalent to a murderer???

Siddharth Dev (Advocate)     02 October 2016

You should not worry Your case has been disposed of by that Court according to law

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 October 2016

The judgment of the apex court has been posted so as to give some confidence.

The recruiters take their own decisions as per their SOP.

What action shall be taken  by  a recruiter, can not be predicted.

Subsdequent to the posts remain in touch with your own counsel.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register