LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul   16 August 2016

My ex girlfriend wants to revenge on me

hello My name is rahul ,Iam problem now facing a problem from my ex girlfriend ,I m a medical student .I was in a relationship with a girl from my first year of my college ,I was serious about her I thought is good but later she cheated me 3 to 4 times she continued her first relationship ,then i came to know abt that and i thought to end the relation but she played dramas and i belived her again after 1 and half year i came to knw about that she had relationship with many others then after achieving a strong mind i broke up with her now after 5 months she started to call me a threaten me ,she said that she and her family moving legally against me ,at the time of our relationship we had physical relationship and now she is saying that I cheated her and she will not allow me to continue my course, whole my friends including girls know about her behaviour . so she is now mentally harassing me ,can anyboy help me with a reply please

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

As your girlfriend's mobile no. would, no doubt, be registered with a mobile network service provider (eg Airtel/Idea/Vodafone, get a court order and approach the company seeking copies of the CDRs (call detail records) between you & your girlfriend on said dates. It is now settled law in State vs. Navjot Sandhu (2005) Criminal Appeal 373-75 that call records are admissible in court.

The whole problem in your case is that you were in a physical relationship with her. Your only defense now would be that as you had broken up with her after a span of 5 months, clearly showing your disinterest in her, she was the one pursuing you.

I can only advise you that should such conduct on her part continue, you have no other option but to file an FIR u/Sections 154 Crpc. Unfortunately defense of stalking wouldn't apply in your case, as our Indian laws say to the contrary. 

It's best that you talk to a criminal lawyer and file for a restraining order effective for a one-year period. When that ends, file another permanent RO. Whatever you do, keep a paper trail intact.

Good luck!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register