In the above context:
Summarily, the Rule is welcome. India can definitely live upto it. Farmers are not going to lose anything. For that matter, no one, no sector is going to lose anything. Yes, there will be some inconveniences because there will be shift in everything that has been happening so far. The Rule need not be diulted to allow buffalo slaughter or anything like that.
THIS IS ALSO A FESTIVAL. HOW DIFFERENT, ISN'T IT?
Site - 1: Gives the marketable products (solid) out of pumpkin, CTvgNORIKMSiIjjQtAk4PExEfCw4Q3fCarNVEOX7PxFyDmsBQTf52C01kTclvVQeL7i_1pdr2JVyAYHfG0-08YQSePyoSCdC0CTg8TER8EXFNMyaTUG24KhIJLDhDd8Jqs1URZvA5g_1GTSwMqEgkQ5fs_1EXIOaxG-1aTOsRc7UyoSCQFBN_1nYLTWREYqn9EYxGZFqKhIJNyW9VB4vuL8RnOv3_1Vaog4oqEgml2vYlXIBgdxGE-AKLQ9_1ApyoSCcbT7TxhBJ4_1Edplc20gtV88&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwid86aMy5nUAhVIOxQKHc_dDiIQ9C8IHA&biw=1366&bih=634&dpr=1
Site - 2: Is a seed company that has online presence (e-com) as well: .
Site - 3: Is a Organic farming company that innovates on processes.
Site - 4: Is a site on pumpkin pie
NOTE: Undersigned has studied the PUMPKIN sector & so has suggested above. But, there are number of such vegetables, fruits, trees, shrubs, medicinal plants etc that have very high market potential. The Gvt could help grow such products, reap them, process them, package them, innovate on products (marketable), educate the masses, enable a shift in the society.
Have the following suggestions:
1. There are number of new businesses in agricultural produce. Above is a spectrum. It is imperative upon the Gvt to enable society to invest in them & have high returns.
2. Gvt could commit to get the farmers / industries machinery, R&D, service etc & help a continuous business.
3. Gvt, through its R&D could improve upon the seed varieties, enable new flavors / variants that could be marketable.
4. Defining life forms as proteins, vitamins etc be made punishable.
5. The Gvt could take up farming. processing, marketing etc under the MNREGA (Mahatma Gandhi Rural Employment Generation) etc scheme & ensure that the farmers do not get displaced totally all of a sudden.
6. The Gvt could bring the new products like the ones in the couple of websites that have been suggested under its community kitchen programme & distribute them free of cost to the participating lot. Thus, no one would go foodless, proteinless. But, all would work & enjoy to the extent they deserve. There MAY be some minimal gurarantee, but the rest can be made output, efficinecy based. This would sustain such ventures by themselves after the initial investments. The Gvt could monitor from time to time, yet make it a accountable venture.
7. Today, science & technology is advanced enough to replace leather & meat. Gvt should make the scientific organisations account for the money that goes into their existence.
8. New products, processes etc should be encouraged. New Businesses should be helped.
9. India should revive the 'India festivals' that were held in the 1980s & 1990. (Still recollect that the Indian stall was quoted to have got the longest queque amongst a numberr of countries on a foreign land. That line was quoted to have been for 'Masala Dosa' that cost Rs 200 or so in that festival at that time). (Indian dishes are so delicious that they are run away successes in foreign countries. Many do not even know other products apart from Red meat & are very eager to get out of it).
10. If it comes to it, India should take the challenge in leading the Universe in the food change amongst mankind pe se.
11. Change in food comes with health etc benefits too. Gvt should use its bureaucracy, machinery to show the effects of change.
12. Gvt may give some incentives to new companies, markets & ensure the people get acquainted with the effects of the change. It would enable people shift voluntarily.
13. Farming, as per common connotation never means meat. Thus, the Gvt should defend the rule properly in all forums & in public.
14. Money that is projected by the leather & meat industry would be triffled when if this new food market is given apt support.
15. The new industries definitely same / even more work force. Thus, the work force in the leather & meat industry would not go out of jobs, but would be shifted to a new job.
16. Fear propagandas should be countered with fact propaganda though mass media too.
The Rule will enable a positive change in the mindset of the society at large. This should be taken up aptly in Courts.
Fig : Modern equipments are needed.
Is CHINESE pumpkin juice factory
Figs below: Pumpkin juice in can (These photos are from e-com websites. So, the market potential may be guessed)
NOTE: This effort is amidst tight financial constraints, all from a cyber cafe. This is not complete & is suggestive. If however, undersigned is given apt opportunity, it would be met by a befitting powerpoint presentation accompanied by a lecture to any category of audience.