LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Eric Easter   02 July 2016

Local criminals sending thousands of fake mails to police

Hello, seventeen local criminals opened a fake email account in the name of my friend and they are using that email account to send eight to  ten vulgar threat emails to high-ranking district police officers. This is happening daily. If the cops arrest my friend, will it be a problem for my friend defending himself in court due to the huge volume of emails (at least 750)? The IP addresses will never match as they are using their devices for sending the emails and they are not educated enough to know about IP address.

Learning

4 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     02 July 2016

Before arrest police may verified all details fact of case.

email address

IP address

Content of email

only email address is not valid proof of any person.

mahendra limaye (Cyber Legal Consultant)     05 July 2016

How your friends came to know? Police can certainly initiate the action if your friends report to police about such mails coming to their notice.

Eric Easter   06 July 2016

Originally posted by : mahendra limaye
How your friends came to know? Police can certainly initiate the action if your friends report to police about such mails coming to their notice.

My friend came to know from local chatter and threat mails received from the local criminals.

mahendra limaye (Cyber Legal Consultant)     06 July 2016

So advice your friend to report the matter to police.They can verify the originations of the mails and initiate suitable action.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register