Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aaditya   05 June 2016

Stridhan?

Dear Friends,

I have a friend,her marriege is done before 1 year.She has put maintenance case at her husband.

Please let me know there is a car for which groom side people had given almost all amount of car so the car is registered at groom name with his local address but paymented by bride side.

Is this car also come under her stridhan although groom side has no proof that they had given money to purchase car to bride's father.

Thanx

Learning

5 Replies

Vakalath (Vakeel No. 1)     05 June 2016

No proof means, cant do anything, such money should have been given in way of gift cheque, so could be claimed later if marriage does not work.   Papers will be in boy's name, so no question of getting it back, while coming out of matrimonial house, girl could have taken keys of car, drove it out.

BTW, what interest do you have here?  Dont interfere in girls life ever, you may end up in jail.  Be careful.

Dr Katta Venkata Rama Krishna (Retd Sr Director Govt of India/ Advocate)     05 June 2016

1) In the case of Pratibha Rani vs. Suraj Kumar, the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India explained the concept of ‘Streedhan’ and its legal position under the Indian Laws. The Hon’ble Supreme Court of India held that:

“a Hindu married woman is the absolute owner of her Streedhan property and can deal with it in any manner she likes and, even if it is placed in the custody of her husband or her in-laws they would be deemed to be trustees and bound to return the same if and when demanded by her”.

2) The bride father must have some proof of having borrowed or drawings from bank or oral witnesses which will be sufficient evidence whereas the groom has to disprove and show his sources of income.

Eerangere Sana (Excellent Lawyer)     05 June 2016

To get back stridhan you need original VAT bills.  Procuring fake bills will invite going to jail, both for you and the one who provided you bills.  No original VAT bills = No claims.

Aaditya   05 June 2016

Dear Friends,

Thanx to answer me.

My intension is just to have knowledge and would remember about ur suggetion.

Still I want to know whether that gifted car at marriage time which is registered at groom name but paymented by bride's side is under stridhan or groom has full rights on that car.

If bride puts that car in her stridhan list then groom side would be liable to return that or not legaly.

Thanx

Siddharth Dev (Advocate)     06 June 2016

i think her wife will also lodge an FIR u/s 498A, u/s DV Act and so i suggest your friend to resolve dispute with her wife otherwise it may cause problem in his life.

thank you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register