Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

imsb (Executive)     01 May 2016

Why nobody is replying to my query. plz......anyone????

I have been challaned by the police for breaking the signal. But I did not break any signal and took the right turn from the junction when it was blinking green. Now I explained the same to the cops for about an hour but they refused to listen and finally when I was left with no option but to pay Rs. 100 for the challan but they seized my license for 3 months. Now I am very angry at this and I want to take some serious action against these cops and I want my license back asap because I have been punished for something which I have not done. I could have hardly done anything against this at the very moment but now I want to give it back big time. Please let me know the legal procedure against this harassment. Ty

Learning

6 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     01 May 2016

You didn't mention your state, police has no power to seize the license for any period only court on the request/recommendation of police court can pass such order, generally its not happen, if you had the challan copy given to you by the police take that copy to your local lawyer and file private complaint in the court against those policemen, court will give them better treatment .

imsb (Executive)     23 May 2016

Originally posted by : laxmi kant joshi
You didn't mention your state, police has no power to seize the license for any period only court on the request/recommendation of police court can pass such order, generally its not happen, if you had the challan copy given to you by the police take that copy to your local lawyer and file private complaint in the court against those policemen, court will give them better treatment .

I reside in Delhi and they say that as per new rules by the govt. license is seized for 3 month and the same is also written on the challan slip but the point is that I did not cross the signal on red but it was blinking green. Can I still take any step against the wrong challan since they will ask for the evidence which obviously nobody would have under these circumstances.

Siddharth Dev (Advocate)     25 May 2016

just contest your said case and put your defence and prove it in court of law but first hire an advocate first of concern court

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     25 May 2016

Please collect CC TV footage from that streets of the incident date/time. 

Do you have any eyewitness?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 May 2016

you have paid file.  So no contest is possible now.

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     25 May 2016

Originally posted by : Sudhir Kumar
you have paid file.  So no contest is possible now.

I beg to differ with the above comments. 

You can prosecute them u/s 197 CrPC.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register