LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashutosh (NA)     02 April 2016

Builder not returning booking amount after cancellation

I booked a flat in Bangalore  . After sometime I came to know that sales person from builder has hidden some information . I cancelled the booking after knowing that. Agreement was not signed till then . While booking it was mentioned that before  siging of agreement if I cancell the booking then booking amount will be refunded after deducting 25000/. But now builder is not returning my booking amount. Niether he is responding to my mails. What course of action I should take? 

Thanks

Learning

8 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     02 April 2016

Send him a notice demanding him to return the booking amount after deduction failing which you will be moving to the consumer forum

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 April 2016

Mention the concealment in your communication and make it a ground so that later you can stake a claim later to cancellaton amount as well.

It shall be better if all representations are now structured and drafted by your able counsel and are submitted by letter under proper acknowledgment or atleast from personal email id and are addressed to/or with a copy to MD etc.

(Guest)

Also claim unfair practice by builder telling as per Act he was supposed to sign agreement of sale of flat he did not do hence did cheating with him. 

Consumer forum , court fee is less generally (Not sure about your state) 

(Guest)
Mr.Saravanan, 
To  Mr.Ashutosh's complain  ' Builder not returning booking amount after cancellation '
you have replied  him    to file a complaint before the consumer forum 

my friend's case being dragged for 4 years
in the Bangalore consumer court... from 2013 to 2017

the builder did not tell the reason  for delayed  construction of the house
the judge in each hearing don't any action against the builder
simply postpones the dates indirectly  favouring  the builder

Consumers Time, Money & Energy 
only wasted  neither the court's, lawyer's nor the
opposite party's

Martin Lois   17 May 2017

If he isnt's responding you shoud head to the consumer forum.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 May 2017

GO thru RERA as well.

Lokender Gupta (Director)     29 May 2017

Send him a notice demanding him to return the booking amount after deduction failing which you will be moving to the consumer forum 

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     25 November 2017

The system is like that, either we have to sail with it or try to improve it, instead of blaming it. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register