LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NATARAJAN IYER (Proprietor)     02 March 2016

Which Advocate to Choose

This is a frequent question raised by many people who find themselves at the receiving end of the law.

" SIR, WHICH ADVOCATE TO CHOOSE ? I AM CONFUSED "

To such readers and members, here is the answer.

They are all advocates ( by profession ), but there are three types. 

1) Advocates who are purely commercial.

2) Advocates who are a combination of humanitarian concern and commercial approach.

3) Advocates who deliver lectures about humanitarian values, judicial system, life,...etc

Avoid type one and type three advocates.

Always search for the type two advocates. The ones who are a combination of humanitarian concern and commercial approach. 

____________________________________________________________________________________

The type one advocates who are purely commercial are a high risk. They are far fetched from reality of life. They would put you into deeper trouble in addition to the troubles that you are already facing.

They have no humanitarian concern at all. They have their own set of regular clients or regular income.

They know that subject knowledge and network are both important and they are good at the subject and have a network of high-placed political contacts,...etc.

But their tolerance level is too low and even the judges know these types well enough and their brother advocates avoid them. 

To put it in one sentence " They are dangerously abnormal ".

They charge high fee and are least bothered even if you die. Pay their fee, sell anything you have, but pay their fee. They are with such a horrible thinking pattern.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Next, The type three advocates. Now these are the ones who do not do anything in life unless there is some benefit in it for them, 100 percent. All for themselves. They would have studied for LLB,...etc purely with one motive. Where are the CONTROL POINTS ? WHICH LOOP-HOLE OF LAW AND WHICH ASPECT OF LAW WOULD GIVE ME MONEY, FAME AND ALSO THE MASS-CONTROL.

They are least bothered about the subject-knowledge and are the MEMORIZING TO CLEAR THE EXAM types.

They depend heavily upon network and short-cuts.

They usually have a huge network of like-minded people across all professions. 

They know all the dirty games and they would not hesitate to do harm to anybody, whosoever, if it serves their purpose.

To them, their ultimate aim in life is to CONTROL THE WORLD.

Yes, these advocates are more interested in the CONTROL GAME.

Their fee too would either be LOW or HIGH. They swing between extremes.

If low, it is with a hidden agenda of enslaving you.

If high, it is a state of mind that he/she is in. Once they decide to charge you a high amount, they would not change their stance. They do not care how you get it. Even if you die, they would take your purse out and move on, as if nothing happened.

They would help only their family members and known people. If they help any body out of their known circle, it has to be for a huge gain and mostly it would be the CONTROL GAME.

They have A SINGLE DESIRE.

" HAVE THE ENTIRE WORLD UNDER THEIR CONTROL "

Psychologically they are so very smart that their reflexes and senses are very sharp.

They know which time, which money and which energy is a dead investment and which fetches them returns ? 

The day they step into college, their thinking is purely on the GAINS AND CONTROL.

After a few months of practise as advocates and having realized the way the law operates, they go on a self-assuming trip, to such great heights that they assume they are GOD.

If you get trapped with one such advocate, as a man, be careful. You will end up as a slave. They are experts in enslaving people.

If you are a woman, beware of your honour since they know the art of manipulation too very well for the alert woman too, to avoid.

You would discover that your purse and property too would have gone into their hands.

Avoid these type three advocates. Do not trust their lectures and speeches and words of bravery.

They are mostly failures both in life and in profession.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Type two advocates are the best.

They are FLEXIBLE.

They are the normal routine advocacy advocates.

They do their job, they do it well.

They are ok with your arguments, negotiation,...etc.

They give you discounted fee offers ( if you request ), they are ok with instalment based payments, they spend time with you, they behave normally since they know they cannot practise and earn as advocates in a jungle.

They know that they have to practise and earn as advocates, in the human society.

They understand human emotions, family sentiments,...etc.

If you lose the case, they will guide you about appeals,..etc.

So, advocacy as a profession is done well by them.

They charge nominal fees and even if fee is high, they are with you through-out the case.

YOU CAN EASILY MAKE-OUT SUCH ADVOCATES. THEY WOULD DISCUSS MORE OF THE LEGAL POINTS AND CITATIONS AND THE LOOP-HOLES OF LAW AS APPLICABLE TO YOUR CASE. THEY DO NOT DELIVER WORDS OF BRAVERY SINCE THEY KNOW THAT NO TWO DAYS ARE THE SAME IN THE COURT OF LAW. THEY KNOW THAT PRACTICALLY LAW OPERATES DIFFERENTLY. SO THEY DO NOT GIVE FALSE HOPES AND FALSE ASSURANCES. THEY WOULD TELL YOU THAT THEY WOULD GIVE YOUR CASE THEIR BEST EFFORTS.

THEY PREPARE WELL FOR YOUR CASE AND ARE MATURE ENOUGH TO ACCEPT YOUR INPUTS AS WELL.

LUCKILY FOR TODAY'S SOCIETY, MANY ADVOCATES ARE IN THIS TYPE TWO CATEGORY.

More so since many advocates have a family with wife, children and other commitments. They understand what the common man undergoes.

NARRATE YOUR CASE AND SEE THE RESPONSE. 

MEET THE ADVOCATE MORE THAN ONCE OR TWICE. YOU CAN EASILY DECIDE WHICH TYPE OF ADVOCATE HE/SHE IS.

So, always, go in search of these type two advocates.

Wishing You All the Best in your search.

Learning

9 Replies

Born Fighter (xxx)     04 March 2016

Based on my experience .......

Most of the Lawyers argue and work without any GOAL in mind. What most of them do is "hum yeh kar denge, hum usey sabak sikhainge etc, but they do it without any planning. Your case is your headeache and lawyers really cannot feel nor do they have time to understand your pain.

In contested divorce cases....So far as husband is concerned your lawyer should work towards building and presenting your case in such a way that the opposite party surrenders for MCD/ decent settlement. Your lawyer if he is working n waiting for the case to end through natural court proceedings (4-6yrs) is wasting your time.

A case has to be handled like a game of Chess. One needs to strategize and ensure you do the right things at the right time. In marital matters its LITIGATION that the client gets into and its the lawyers who benefit due to regular income they derive from it. A lawyer gets paid whether he loses the case or wins it. There is no Accountability .....if ur unhappy you can change the lawyer, thats all !!!

How good or bad your lawyer is , one will know only after 6 months/  a year or so. Best is to keep the control in your hand, look for a lawyer who has time, who can sit and discuss strategies to plan your case by bringing out right evidences at right time and who would plan for a CLOSURE at the earliest. Avoid Lawyers who would suggest you to harass your spouse through delay tactics...such a lawyer is working only for himself/ herself.

One also needs to pay the lawyers at regular intervals and start learning law/ read judgements that will help your case.......you should educate yourself and soon a time will come when your lawyer will know he cant fool you !!

Do not surrender to your lawyer...he is not a god or a saviour........he is doing his job for the money that ur paying him. 

Hire a lawyer who practices in family court for divorce matters.....a lawyer with mix of family law + criminal law is best suited to handle complicated cases of DV/498A. do not hire a lawyer who does not practice in family courts !!!!

When you want to hire a lawyer do research, talk to people in courts , peons ....if you can afford then hire a lawyer who has reputation of winning cases. Know the opposite lawyer also and it will help you to IDENTIFY a competent lawyer who can take him/her HEADS ON.

ITS YOU WHO CAN HELP YOURSELF...... Family law is no rocket science.....if one starts reading topics relevant to your case in this forums one can easily figure out whether your lawyer is doing the right thing for your case or not, and then plan accordingly .

SuperHero (Manager)     05 March 2016

In my experience...

If the Lawyer is a famous one and has plenty of cases..He may be good at Law..But his planning and focus on your case is very less. Because he has many cases at hand and he can't focus on only ours...If he has assistants then they can focus...on our case..

In Corporate world it is called Case Management or Task Management...

For people who never thought of going to court nor stepped into Lawyers home...Lot of things will be learnt..through the proceedings...

Also people go to a Lawyer surrendering him thinking he will help us from the situation and in believing him..

They choose a Lawyer based on Word of Mouth...from here and there....

May be Amazon or Snapadeal can have Lawyers services too.

If you suggest to some lawyers...so and so judgement copy is available..his EGO might get hurt..because he thinks he knows the Law....

Also Lawyers are good mind readers...they can judge and can understand what we have gone through...They can know our emotions and stages of mind too.

All in all...again it his once Karma that he has to go through....

Born Fighter (xxx)     05 March 2016

Agree SuperHero, thats why i said keep the control with you.

We have paid the lawyer so he needs to deliver or gets fired.

However ego issues are VERY high when dealing with lawyers (ALL 3 TYPES as mentioned by Mr Natrajan)  and one needs to handle that carefully & tactfully without hurting the lawyer.

Its like telling your lawyer " Sir, i find this judgement useful for our case, pls let me know your views..... rather than telling him " look i have found one judgement , lets use it for our case"

Eventually the lawyer will realize that his client is only helping him than correcting or advising him. This way the lawyer will also get one message straight that its difficult to fool his client.

Telling ur lawyer u dont deserve the money that im paying you as ur not giving time, will only backfire !

Pay your lawyer regularly and at intervals so that u have the option to change him if he doesnt deliver.  My lawyer is a very competent lawyer dealing with criminal cases with HC/SC mostly and is a one man army who is well known for winning tough cases......he took my case after realizing i was innocent and the opposite lawyer (known as super manipulator in family courts) would screw me if i was not guided properly........midway he also told me to look for another lawyer as he was not able to give me time......There was a time when the previous family court judge asked me to change my lawyer as he had given her a tough time in passing an order using her powers in one of the earlier cases he handled......however i didnt give up & found it as a plus as i needed a TIGER to fight the corrput and unbiased practices . I collaborated with my lawyer................now we got 2 orders in our favour and he could only say that "it was my win as i had helped him with judgements/planning" in return i tell him that Sir, you are the anchor...im learning from you !!

I know there are lots of people new to court cases and who also cant educate themselves for various reasons.....i can only say that dont let your lawyer take unilateral decisions without justifications and unless ur convinced do not blindly follow ur lawyer.

SuperHero (Manager)     05 March 2016

Originally posted by : Born Fighter
Agree SuperHero, thats why i said keep the control with you.

We have paid the lawyer so he needs to deliver or gets fired.

However ego issues are VERY high when dealing with lawyers (ALL 3 TYPES as mentioned by Mr Natrajan)  and one needs to handle that carefully & tactfully without hurting the lawyer.

Its like telling your lawyer " Sir, i find this judgement useful for our case, pls let me know your views..... rather than telling him " look i have found one judgement , lets use it for our case"

Eventually the lawyer will realize that his client is only helping him than correcting or advising him. This way the lawyer will also get one message straight that its difficult to fool his client.

Telling ur lawyer u dont deserve the money that im paying you as ur not giving time, will only backfire !

Pay your lawyer regularly and at intervals so that u have the option to change him if he doesnt deliver.  My lawyer is a very competent lawyer dealing with criminal cases with HC/SC mostly and is a one man army who is well known for winning tough cases......he took my case after realizing i was innocent and the opposite lawyer (known as super manipulator in family courts) would screw me if i was not guided properly........midway he also told me to look for another lawyer as he was not able to give me time......There was a time when the previous family court judge asked me to change my lawyer as he had given her a tough time in passing an order using her powers in one of the earlier cases he handled......however i didnt give up & found it as a plus as i needed a TIGER to fight the corrput and unbiased practices . I collaborated with my lawyer................now we got 2 orders in our favour and he could only say that "it was my win as i had helped him with judgements/planning" in return i tell him that Sir, you are the anchor...im learning from you !!

I know there are lots of people new to court cases and who also cant educate themselves for various reasons.....i can only say that dont let your lawyer take unilateral decisions without justifications and unless ur convinced do not blindly follow ur lawyer.

100% agreed...It should be the same in Husband and Wife too. Both should understand, cooperate and help each other.

They should suggest the other person not force or give free advice..(Free Advice is the one we get in this world.)

Your Lawyer is one good person.

Anyway LIFE is a big Learning Lesson. Everyday New Problems, New Solutions. 

Good Luck to EveryOne.

NATARAJAN IYER (Proprietor)     06 March 2016

@ Mrs.Renuka Chaudhury

Good One. Yes, I feel you are 100% right.

Kya karein...Society is becoming a dangerous place with talented and non-talented individuals, both alike and humans in general, cheating each other, cheating one self and out to erase the entire race of humanity.

Hmmm...God alone knows where this society will land up.

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     06 March 2016

Mrs.Renuka hats off to you, rightly observed...one more thing, Type 2 advocates, you have to still make out he is master in particular field

Matrimonial matters, civil matters, criminal matters .etc etc

(Guest)

Jethmalani, Arun Jaitley, Kapil Sibal will all be judges for talent hunt show where advocates will participate, people will vote as to who is best lawyer and winner will get 100 cases as bumper prize.. Not far I think, such situation. :-)

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     28 May 2016

NOT agree to your opinion.

There are different type of lawyer as you mentioned also.

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     28 May 2016

NOT agree to your opinion.

There are different type of lawyer as you mentioned also.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register