Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     27 December 2015

Guidelines to be followed by legal experts

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY SR ADV DEBAJYOTI BARMAN 3 yrs BACK:

After a repeated and unanimous decision amongst us I would request all the Ld. Expert Friends here to follow the guidelines suggested by Mr Ramachandran.

Since I harbour exactly the same opinion as Mr Ramachandran., I reproduce his guidelines as follows.

"1. Do not answer “Anonymous” queries. (Answering ‘anonymous’ queries, or saying that we should help the needy etc., are all misplaced sympathies. If somebody is really in need, he will definitely abide.). Even if there is any attempt by interested quarters to boost the ‘hits’ by prompting ‘anonymous’ queries that will get discouraged.

2. Do not answer “Commercial” queries.

3. Do not answer “Academic” queries.
4. Do not answer “vague” queries.

5. Do not answer a query which lacks in facts.

6. Do not answer abstract queries.

7. Do not answer queries based on someone’s lofty ideas/views and the existing legal position.

8. Do not touch those queries which begins with Hi, guys etc.

9. Do not also touch those queries which is in ‘sms language’.

10. Do not attend to ‘moot problems’.

11. Ignore the ‘repeat queries’ if any.

12. Ignore the query, if the querist do not stick to the same ‘thread’.

13. Do not proceed to answer a query, when an expert had already sought additional information, and if the information has not been provided by the querist.

14. Do not touch a query, if you do not have anything to say as an answer to the same. Somebody who knows will give the answer.

15. Do not answer a query, unless you have anything further to add (value addition) or if you materially differ (you have a different view point) with the answer provided by an expert.
16. Above all, visit the profile of the querist, check what types of questions that he is posting. This will give us a rough idea about the genuineness of the query or he is a ‘busy body’, simply out there to raise one query or the other to keep the experts engaged!

17. Openly condemn those who solicit business by saying “contact me etc. etc.”

Please take UNITED STAND AND SHUN ' ANONYMOUS, COMMERCIAL AND REPEATED PROFESSIONAL QUERIES.

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

Dear Shri Sainath,

Thanks for posting the guidelines. Could not come to notice at any earlier occasion.

2 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 January 2016

even by default most experts are following these guidelines.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register