LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tiyas   30 October 2015

passport show cause notice

Hello Sir/Madam, I moved to UK in May-2015 from Kolkata, India. I applied for passport renewal withoutat address change in Regional Passport Office, Kolkata. I got my passport (before police verification) on 16-Feb-2015. Recently I received show-cause notice from Regional Passport Office, Kolkata (dated 25-Oct-2015) on adverse police verification report (basically police report stated "couldn't meet applicant at the mentioned address"). They have also asked to submit fresh application and state appropriate reason as to why they shouldn't take action to impound my passport under 10(3)(b) of the Passports Act 1967 and not initiate Section 12(1)(b) of the Passports Act 1967 against me. Please advise what should I mention in response to the letter and make strong case not to impound my passport. I will travel back to India in May-2016. Please suggest how do I respond. Early response will be highly appreciated. Kind regards, Tiyas

Learning

1 Replies

S K SINHA (Director)     02 November 2015

Tiyas,  Your case appears to be same as my son's case. We are in Mumbai.He was to join an IT company in  Karnataka. They wanted him tpo come with passport. So he applied for Tatkal. He got passport and moved to Karnataka. Later on Police Verification he was not at home. So he got similar notice.  He sent an honest reply and said shall meet police once he is back in Mumbai after 4 months of training. On his coming back, we went to Passport Office again, requesting them to trigger another police verification. My son kept extending leave, still no pv done due too delay at PP and police office. We kept visiting police station for enquiring about pv. They had not recd any info from PP office. My son again went back to Karnataka. Police came. Same report--not fount at current address, same notice again. He wrote all facts and uploaded a complaint on PP site plus writtena  reply to PP Officer. On line complaint was open. After few months, on their own they reviewed the matter and wrote to him that show cause is closed etc.

So be honest in replying. Express your inability. Upload same letter seeking time. On coming back to India, visit PP office to trigger another PV. If nothing moves, you can anyway write to Foreign Minister stating all facts, seeking help. She may help. You may send such letters thru your local consulate of High Commission also.

PP officers see similar cases day in and day out. So no fooling around. Be honest. Show all your cards. They do understand such cases. God bless.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register