LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Megha   08 September 2015

Perjury advice needed urgently

I am asking this question on behalf of my brother. Married in 2010.

Issue - One male child with her mother (age 2 years).

498A Status - Pending in CAW Cell.

Question - My Brother wife filed a maintenance case 125 on 1-june-2015 stating under oath "I am  homely lady and dont have any source of income and it is ridiculous feeling to demand money from parents for your basic needs of yourself and KID." 

My brother replied in WS that she is working and have enough income to suppport herself and KID is joint responsibility of parents.

She filed rejoiner under oath that "I got temporary job i bank on 11-June-2015". (AS she has seen my brother enquiring about her from security guard of the bank and my brother has mentioned in WS that she is working)

My brother filled RTI and got her salary (12K per month) and Date of joining (Jan-2015) from bank.

Please advise what should be next course of action to put Pergury on Her ( She lied twice in court 1st in her 125 and intrim application and second time in rejoinder)

Our target is to HIT her intrim maintenance as interim maintenace is not decided by court till today.

1. Shall we use this RTI reply to argue her intrim application and once intrim decided then hit 340.

or

2. Shall we file 91 Application to bring records from bank before even starting the argument of intrim maintenance

or

3. Shall we press 340 based on lied under oath?and then we should do argument in intrim maintenance

or 

4. Shall we wait for Her Cross examination and only after that file perjury.

Learning

10 Replies

(Guest)

In Interim nothing can much be done, you will just have to pay it whatever it is.  Approach HC, SC, no use.  As it is only till case is pending, ie pendency of the case.You can summon her employer, that is the best method, asking for bank details via court is of no use, as all will be of past and not of present.  Only employers witness will help you prove in court that she is working.  So summon employer.

Perjury?  That is a bigg  joke.  and a waste of time.  Matrimonial cases itself are a waste of time, nobody will gain anything. and perjury to prove that she lied ? come on, court alredy knows that she is lying, and it is only a procedural and loop hole of the law which delays the case and make you both roam to court hall endlessly. 

Better to forget all this and go for MCD and part ways as good people.

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     08 September 2015

She has committed perjury.

Sample petition is available in the following link.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=104564&offset=3#.Ve55DtKeDGc

FAQs on Perjury are available on the following links.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Why-speedy-trial-and-perjury--124820.asp#.Ve55kdKeDGc

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     08 September 2015

Mr. TKG Reddi,

Giving contradictory statements on oath is also ground of Perjury and the magistrate should register the case as per Civil Manual Chapter XIX para 337 as a Miscellaneous Judicial Case. 

The magistrate should register the case ....   This means criminal court.   should or may?

For both Civil and Criminal courts if petion is made then. Civil Manual Chapter XIX -  only Civil court manual. For criminal court just file the perjury petition. It will be registered (If the Judge is not corrupted laugh).

CHAPTER XIX MISCELLANEOUS PROCEEDINGS REQUIRING JUDICIAL INQUIRY. 337. (i) Under the head Miscellaneous Judicial Proceedings are included all proceedings are enquiries of a judicial nature which do not form part of the proceedings in a suit or darkhast or appeal pending before the Court.  (ii) The expression includes :­ Proceedings under section 148­A of Civil Procedure Code, read with rules framed by the High Court under section 122 of Civil Procedure Code.   Proceedings of Applications under section 39, read with rule 22, Order XXI of Code of Civil Procedure, for transfer of a decree to another Court for execution.  Proceedings under Regulation VIII of 1827. Proceedings under section 83 of the Transfer of Property Act ; Proceedings of judicial nature under the Guardians and wards Act; including under the Hindu Minority and Guardianship Act. Proceedings under section 340 and 345 Criminal Procedure Code. Proceedings under Order IX rules 4, 9 and 13 Civil Procedure Code. Proceedings under Order XXI, rule 2 to certify a payment when there is no darkhast pending; Granishee proceedings under rules 46­A to 46­I in order XXI of Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 for attachment of debt under Rule 46(i). Proceeding under Order XXI, rules 58, 97 and 99 Civil Procedure Code. Proceedings on application under Order XXI, rules 89 and 90, Civil Procedure Code, to set aside a sale; Proceedings under Order XXXIII, rule 2, for permission to sue as an indigent person. Proceedings under Order XLI, rules 19 and 21 for readmission of a dismissed appeal or under Order XLI, rule 21, to re­hear an appeal decided ex­parte. Proceedings under section 24, Civil Procedure Code for transfer of suit, appeal or any proceedings etc. Proceedings under section 144, Civil Procedure Code for restitution etc. Proceedings under section 5 of the Indian Limitation Act; Proceedings under the Provincial Insolvency Act; Proceedings under Indian Succession Act, XXXIX of 1925. Proceedings under section 24 of the Bombay Money Lenders Act; Proceeding under section 47 of the Bombay Agricultural Debtors Relief Act; Proceedings on applications under Special Acts; And other proceedings on application in which relief is asked against a person not a party to suit or proceedings.

pleasant   08 September 2015

ld. advocate,
read news " Fake address epidemic has bailiffs on the run " in Pune Mirror | Sep 12, 2014, 02.30 AM IST and shocked to know it is a routine practise.
like to know why does not it attract 'perjury' to misguide the hon'ble court as well giving false information on sworn affidavit on oath.
regds.
be pleasant

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     09 September 2015

You and other friends are welcome in this debit. Please remember the essence come out from a debate is the best one.

For the following  order my observation is -  

Queen-Empress vs Batesar Mandal on 24 March, 1884

I found : -

1. Accused appeared, made no objection to the form of the proceedings, and must be held to have waived the irregularity before the public servent (The Registrar ). Latter he filed perjury before the joint magistrate.

And U/s 195 CrPC.

1. (1) No Court shall take cognizance-
  2. (a) (i) of any offence punishable under sections 172 to 188 (both inclusive) of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860 ), or
  3. (ii) of any abetment of, or attempt to commit, such offence, or
  4. (iii) of any criminal conspiracy to commit such offence, except on the complaint in writing of the public servant concerned or of some other public servant to whom he is administratively subordinate;

So the judgment is right – the court has not authority of commence perjury.  yes

"But who will be the Complainant?"

For IPC 498A who is the compliment along with your wife?

The STATE right?

For perjury also the STATE will be the compliment along with you.

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     09 September 2015

Veerasami (1896) 19 Mad. 375 – I did not get this judgement in google.

What are you trying to establish by your posts? I am becoming confused.

a) If a public servant is complainant and/or court is complainant then basically the complainant is the STATE.

b) An affidavit is not evidence until it is notarized or testified before a magistrate.  How do you file your petition before court? After notarization and with an affidavit right? If the petition contains false concocted stories then it is a ground of perjury (giving false oath before public authority) because a notary is also a public authority who has testified the oath (not your advocate).

Now, if the notary seals are false or signatures are false then it is fraud document (ground of forgery)

c) You are confused on perjury and forgery. Please see the following links for details.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Why-speedy-trial-amp-perjury--124819.asp#.VfAuPdKqqko

In one word: -

Producing false document contents on oath – Ground of Perjury.

Producing false documents – Ground of Forgery.

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     10 September 2015

@ Mr. TGK Reddi,

I apology as I failed to convey my points and closing my discussion here.

Thank you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register