LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

R.K.Gupta (Councilor)     28 May 2015

Police illegally detained and extorted money from family

I (myself) and my family faced very drastic situation of extortion by Delhi Police (5-6 Persons & 1 lady) on 28th February 2013 between 5.50 pm to 9.00 pm (for 3 hours illegal detention).

On the day extortionist was misbehaving & forcefully entered our house (Flat No. XXXX, XXXXXXXXXXXXX, Pocket - XX, Sector - XX, Rohini, New Delhi - XXXXXX) and extorted Rs 80,000.

I had taken help of Court, put up application under section 156 (3). Chief Metropolitan Magistrate forced police to register FIR. FIR registered by local Police station on 27.4.13 PS: Begumpur, U/S: 384, 342, 34 IPC, with investigation under the supervision of ACP.

In my 1st complaint to all senior police officers and other concern authorities, clearly written one culprit’s Name (Pradeep Kumar), Address, Phone No. After complaint, culprit lived 6 months at same address, after that he vacates house. Before and after registration of FIR Police Investigation officer never ever called and contacted culprit.

More over Magistrate Court totally non-responding from last 2 years, which automatically support to culprits to erase all proofs, in last 24-25 court dates, hardly 2-3 times police person came to Court. Court had ordered to SHO and IO, to file a status report from last 12-14 continuous orders but court staff never sends information/summon to SHO & IO after repeatedly orders by Magistrate (ACMM). Police are making fool with help of court, still it continuously going on, absolutely no progress in FIR.

Before 3 months back, we had gone High Court in Writ Petition, SHO & IO stated that they had called culprit wife just 4-5 days back (after 2 year of Complaint, having with Culprit & his wife’s Phone Nos.) and she told, “she’ll not give her address and unable to meet them”. After 10-15 days SHO & IO added, culprit’s wife supplementary statement that, “Pradeep Kumar (culprit) had died 4 months back”, provided his death certificate – who died at Ahmadabad and death certificate issued by North Delhi Municipal Corporation.

High Court passed an order to change an investigation from Local Thana to DIU.

Need Suggestions:-

1. How to make effective action on culprits?
  2. How to boost Magistrate's Court in fair activity?
  3. How to handle new DIU Investigation Officer, for effective action?
  4. How to protect myself & my family from powerful culprits – a Physical, Mental, Social and Financial Threat?

R.K.Gupta

New Delhi - 110085 (INDIA)

Mobile (SMS/Chat, WhatsApp): +91-999999-6415

Mobile (Calls): +91-999000-6476

Email (& Chat): rkgupta1770@gmail.com

Learning

2 Replies

bsrao   28 May 2015

Your case appears to be a genuine. You should have approached the higher police officials and briefed them of the wrong doings of their cadre. You should focus more on protecting yourself. You have done good so far in the circumstances explained. With the culprit dead, there may be nothing to it now.

R.K.Gupta (Councilor)     30 May 2015

Thanks for valued time and suggestion.

I had already met senior officers. But they had mark investigation to other lower staff. Other lower staff (SHO, IO) again not responding and also influence additional staff. Again same, no progress result in Investigation. Actually culprits are very powerful and in team, still posted in Police force and comfortably influence any investigation. One recognized culprit (a civilian with criminal background) shows as died and other culprits (all unknown police persons) still untraced.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register