LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bhavinkshah   15 May 2015

Right of joint owner of bank account post of death

Myselves and My wife were joint account holder at Bank of Baroda Borivali West Branch at Jaya Talkies.

Also I am joint operator of Locker.

My expired while doing kidney trasnplant and was shocked for few months.

When I approached bank I was told that the account and locker is sealed. I was advised to bring the passbook of my wife. Which I do not have as i donot know where she has kept the same.

Also concerned Bank manager not ready to co-operate for giving the details of wife's FDs/Balance etc.

She talks rudely.

What should I do now.

Bhavin

Learning

3 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     15 May 2015

You can write a detailed letter enclosing copies of death certificate and other proofs available for proving your joint holdership. Present this with the Manager and demand for acknowledgement. If refused, send by speed post and wait for 15 days to get propoer response. In case of no response or cooperation, lodge a complaint with the ombudsman of the bank (check the bank's website for the contact details

surya (nil)     15 May 2015

So you and your wife have sepepate passbook for joint account of both of you.It is unbelieveable.How bank knows the death of your wife as a consequence bank locker is sealed? I think you are hiding something or you are just making story.

ADV-JEEVAN PATIL, MUMBAI ( DEEMED/CONVEYANCE OF BUILDING)     15 May 2015

Mr Bhavinkshah if u r sincere to settle the issue. Pl contact 9869400938.Email: jeevansci@yahoo.com.com. I am from Thakur Complex Kandivali East. I will resolve ur problem.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register