Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishal Gupta (None)     30 April 2015

Show cause notice

Respected Sir,

I had applied for my passport on 28/01/15. I went to the Passport Office and got all my documents verified on 28/01/15. After that I received a message on mobile saying Police Verification initiated, if not contacted within 2 weeks, please contact the Area Police Station. I got a call on 09/02/15 in morning 10am, I could not pick it up due to some reason. I got another call at around 4pm on 09/02/15 saying that this is a CID officer and I came to your college for verification, but you were not there so please come to the Police Station in the next hour. I rushed to the Police Station and got my documents verified, I even had some money in case the police officer asked for it. But he didn't as I was a student and he happily greeted me. On 13/02/15 I got a message that Passport Printing has been initiated for this file number. Then on the same day I received two messages saying that Police submitted clear report for your current address. On 16/02/15 they dispatched my passport and on 20/02/15 I received my passport. Now on 13/04/15 they sent me a letter saying that this letter is in response to an adverse Police Verification report corresponding to your application. They therefore asked me to come to provide a suitable explanation and explain the reasons for suppressing the material information in your passport application. They also asked me to state why action should not be taken to impound the passport number ----. I would kindly request you to guide me in the current scenario as I did all the correct steps and I even have a mobile message stating that police had submitted clear report for your current address. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

bsrao   01 May 2015

There are two police verification events - one by the CID and the other by your local police. If you do not know why there was an adverse report, first go and find out. Then give a reply to RPO - that the police were mistaken and sent such erroneous report - that you did not suppress any facts - that RPO office may have erred in sending you the notice - that you'll be highly obliged if the notice is rescinded. Go to your local police station (where your address is located) and find out what they sent and note that you do not have a case if you are indeed suppressing all facts.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 May 2015

You have an answer with the passport office alone.You may approach them on the basis of notice and explain the situation and other details in preson along with the other evidences you are in possession.  Alternately you may follow the suggestions made byMr. BS Rao too. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register