Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

R Shah (Software Engineer)     12 December 2014

Can a person have multiple different signatures?

1) Can any person, at any given point of time, have multiple different signatures? e.g. Say, Abhishek Kapoor has signature in full Abhishek Kapoor in English and AK as initial. Then, he has one in Hindi written in Hindi fonts and short one. Then, he has also one in Tamil, Telegu, Gujarati, Bengali.

2) How many different signatures can a person hold at any point of time, under the Indian laws?

3)  Let us say that, I bring out a  document signed in Arabic and then say this is signed by Abhishek Kapoor in Arabic, how can I prove that in court?

Even P.M. Narendra Modi signs in different languages.

Learning

1 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     13 December 2014

AFAIK :

1) There is no specific law re number of signatures one may have. It is only one of the means of establishing identity of a person, to be used along with others. For eg. the photo /signature on Aadhar Card is stronger proof than the initial scribbled on a note.Generally, one tends to settle on one signature since the same is used for making / verifying other documents to prove one's identity. For eg. the one on your passport also helps you get PAN Card, Aaadhar Card etc.

2) Anyone can say a signature is not his / forged. He need not be believed by Court.That has to be proven / disproven by attendant facts- witnesses, what is being claimed, past , other documents etc.

DISCLAIMER : General information and advice provided is without any warranties as to suitability for any use, correctness and application to any specific case. Please always take proper legal counsel . However, if it helped anyone even a little a " thanks" via the " Thank Contributor " button would be appreciated and would encourage me to keep on making efforts :-) . I am also always open to corrections and further learnings from more experienced Seniors here.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register