Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajendra Kumar (Team Lead)     01 October 2014

New delhi mcd chalan (dengue) - missed to pay now got summon

Hi

I’m bit new in New Delhi since last couple of few 3 years only so not aware about the MCD chalan etc. Couple of few days ago some MCD employee visited my home to check the cooler to verify the dengue symptoms or something similar. They asked my wife you will get chalan for the same since here is dengue mosquito,  no idea how much this was genuine because we used to keep cooler neat & clean. Even my wife was not aware about these legal terms so didn’t ask too much.

Just after few days the same member came with one letter and handover to here that was Chalan & which was supposed to submit in Dwarka court. But I couldn’t since move to out of station due to some urgent task.

Recently I got one summon for the same, now puzzled. Can anybody suggest what is the process  to pay the same or procedure?

Regards

R Kumar

Learning

5 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     01 October 2014

Now you will have to be physically present in the  designated Court on the designated date, explain why you could not pay the fine - carry some evidence with you if possible, and pay the fine as advised by the Court - AFAIK there itself. I think the fine is Rs. 500/=

DISCLAIMER : General information and advice provided is without any warranties as to suitability for any use, correctness and application to any specific case. Please always take proper legal counsel . However, if it helped anyone even a little a " thanks" via the " Thank Contributor " button would be appreciated and would encourage me to keep on making efforts :-) . I am also always open to corrections and further learnings from more experienced Seniors here.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     03 October 2014

no other way.

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     21 July 2016

you need to save yourself from such mosquito is it not? what is wrong for such inquiry by MCD. it is a preentive medicine type operation obviously every municipality shd do under health management of the city sir.

i do not find any sound reason you have; you ought to check yr cooler if not throw away in a dustv=bin; no  point to suffer a meaningless disease.

regds.

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     21 July 2016

you need to save yourself from such mosquito is it not? what is wrong for such inquiry by MCD. it is a preentive medicine type operation obviously every municipality shd do under health management of the city sir.

i do not find any sound reason you have; you ought to check yr cooler if not throw away in a dustv=bin; no  point to suffer a meaningless disease.

safety first

regds.

(Guest)

Hello sir,

If anyone coudl tell me if  you have to be present physically in the court to pay fine on due date?

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register