Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shammi_Vision (Tax Consultants)     20 July 2014

Trademark registration

Dear sir,
I want to get trademark registration for my one of the client in New Delhi under class 25 (Readymade Garments). I am a CA (Inter) & ICWAI (Inter) qualified i.e not a CA or Advocate. Can I still file the Trademark registration application. Please suggest me.

Thanks in anticipation
Shammi

Learning

11 Replies

shruti (Advocate)     20 July 2014

Trade Mark Application can be filed by a proprietor or its authorised Trade Mark Agent or Attorney.

shruti (Advocate)     20 July 2014

Have you signed any appointment letter or agreement which contains terms of employment ? Provide a copy for better guidance

Miss shruti,

I have not signed any appointment letter or agreement which contains terms of employment.

Thanks

Dear Mam,

One more question please, Is Digital signature is mandatory to file Trademark Registration Application.

Thanks

Shammi

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     20 July 2014

Just search the portal of Government of India, Controller General of Patents and Designs and Trademarks, Department of Industries Policy and promotions, Ministry of Commerce and Industry. You will get all the necessary information from there.

Dear Sir,

I have browsed the said website but I have a little confusion regarding the Digital Signature. Whether is it mandatory for filing new trademark application.

Thanks

Shammi

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     20 July 2014

Digital signature is compulsory. The Controller General of Patents, Designs and Trade Marks (CGPDTM) has stipulated a Class-III category certificate for e-Filing of Patent and Trade Marks applications in India.

You are requested to obtain a "Class 3 Individual-Others" type of a Digital Certificate

Thanks to all of you.

Sir, Is class 3 DSC is mandatory.

subramanian (consultant)     31 July 2014

Trade mark applicationcanbe filed by aperson who has passed ICWA and has registered himself as a trademark agent with the  Trademarks Registry.  He need not write the trademark agent examHowever those who have passed  CA cannot file a trademark application.He can do so after passing the the  Trademark agent examination

T.R.Subramanian

ex controller general of patents, designs and trademarks

Ghanshyam Sharma (ASSOCIATE)     02 August 2014

DSC is mandatory only in case of online filing and not in case of offline.

if you are not registered agent or advocate, you can assist the filing of required form with the authority.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register