LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Uzair (Consultant)     13 July 2014

Ancestral property

Hello Sir, I am a software engineer based in Bangalore.My issue is actually about my mom, in fact it was her idea that I inquire about this issue. My mom was 8 months old when her dad(my maternal grandpa) died in an accident.It was in 1961, he was a revenue inspector and was the owner of a lot of land(not sure how much it was-but many acres).My mom was the last in the family, she had 7 elder brothers and 4 elder sisters.Recently I heard that each brother had received lands like 6 acres each, so approximate land my grandpa had is somewhere 35 to 40 acres of land(could be more).I don't think grandpa made any will.

And out of all these my mom did not receive anything,not a single rupee, nor did they give any to any of the sisters.And one of my uncles ,when he was confronted by my mother recently ,as to how they can sell lands without her signature or permit, because she is also a daughter of my grandpa and is entitled in the share , he said that they all sold those lands they got without registering to somebody ,and so signatures were not rquired.

Imagine 35 to 40 acres of property and my mom gets nothing, is there anyway to get anything back.Also mom's elder 3 brothers and 1 elder sister is no more. Any advice as to how to go about is welcome and appreciated.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register