LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish (Student)     08 July 2014

Please help-passport verification issue as old criminal case

Please Help Sir. I was falsely accused in 4 cases of theft 8 years ago in delhi, and my passport was impounded by the court. Then the trials lasted 7 years, and 1 year ago I was acquitted by the court from all my trials and I also got back my passport which was damaged and had holes and also expired. During these last 8 years I went to bangalore and started a new life there and completed my BSC Maths, MSC Maths, and now am getting seat for Phd MAths in London on full scholarship. My present permanent address since last 8 years is of bangalore, and my passport which was issued from 12 years back has chandigarh address. All my id's like Adhaar, DL, Electors Card, Pass Book, Teleplone Bill, etc have bangalore address. Now the problem is that when I do apply for reissue of damaged and expired passport for going to London will the bangalore police come to know about my past 4 cases in delhi? If the police knows then my colony people, and my college will also know about it and I will not be able to bear this disaster. I am asking this because I do not know the process of police verification, and hence do not further know if the police have some database to check for past criminal cases for applicants who apply for reissue of passports. I do not want the bangalore police to know about my delhi past, I was falsely accused and suffered for 7 years because of this as I had to go every 3-4 months to delhi court hearing. Please help me Sir, these questions require advise of great experts like you all. Thank you very much.

AM

Learning

20 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 July 2014

are you planning to get renewal by giving false information in the application.

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     08 July 2014

If you are falsely implecated the please appear in-person (Without Advocate) in High Court and apply for speedy trial and get out from it first.

Sample petition is given bellow.

Attached File : 303455417 samplepetition4speedytrial.docx downloaded: 185 times

Ashish (Student)     08 July 2014

No Sudhir Kumar Sir, I am not saying that I want to get renewal of passport by giving false information in the application, I will not do anything illegal. All I am saying is whether during passport verification will the bangalore police will know about my past 4 delhi falsecriminal cases in which I am already acquitted? Because If bangalore police know then all other people who I am affiliated too will also know of my past and then I will not be able to go abroad for higher education. Hope if you could resolve my question. Thank you very much

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 July 2014

Right now no case appears pending against you.

But please tell whether you intend to hide the closed cases from the application form or not.  The whole answer to your query is in the reply you give to this questions.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 July 2014

You cannot suppress the information about your antecedents and past history which are material to issuance of passport.  If the Bangalore police, upon verification if finding out the information, it will certainly give its report containing the said information it has come to its knowledge.  Wait for the police verification report.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     09 July 2014

you said

"will the bangalore police come to know about my past 4 cases in delhi?"

"I do not want the bangalore police to know about my delhi past,"

so clear that you want to hide information and this forum members do not like to advise how to commit fraud.

Ashish (Student)     09 July 2014

No Sir, I did not in any way whatsoever state whether directly or indirectly that if they do ask me then I would lie, so I do not have any mala fide intent to deceive others, please read the things carefully before accusing others of fraud. Just because most people in India habitually commit fraud that does not mean all are the same. I have suffered for 7 years because some idiots committed fraud and unfortunately my name was implicated. If there is a possibility for the bangalore police to know about it or directly ask me then I will not apply for reissue of passport and do my higher education in london as I will not let my reputation be ruined for something that I even did not actually do, if they by any chance do not come to know and also do not ask me directly of it then I can apply for reissue of passport and go abroad, this is all I was trying to ask you experts. I am an educated person and do not tolerate if someone implies that I am doing any fraud. I do not encourage corruption in any form, already this country is ruined by fraudsters, all I wanted was to know the legal procedure of police verification so that I can act accordingly of whether to apply or not for passport. Thank you very much.

And lastly I did not know that there is a clause in the passport application form where they ask for past criminal proceedings/arrests, have just seen it in the form that I downloaded through the Indian government passport website. Since I never made my 1st passport as it was was father who made it so I did not know about these things earlier. In the end all I want to say is that - All you respectful expert lawyers please do not always accuse all people when they come to you for genuine help, just because you all habitually deal with prosecuting criminals/offenders does not mean all humans are the same. Thank you very much for all your help.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     09 July 2014

you sid

"do not always accuse all people when they come to you for genuine help, just because you all habitually deal with prosecuting criminals/offenders does not mean all humans are the same."

Nice

but view can be expressed on the fact you disclose and not on the facts you do not  like to disclose.

How does one know that you are renewing passport but do not know the format of application

but remember your wording

""I do not want the bangalore police to know about my delhi past,"

what exactly does this convey?

It is now you have intimated that this is your first passport application and you are now elightened about the application format.

so now you are entitled to say :-

"I do not encourage corruption in any form, already this country is ruined by fraudsters,"

Further as far as frauds are concerned these can be done only by educated (intelligent persons)

It is unfortunate to read your last reply, you in no way can prove I had wrong intent in the same way I cannot prove to you of my intent. This is not a battleground or court of law where I have to prove my innocence to you, if humanity is so paranoid about distrusting others then I I really have nothing more to say. It is sad that lawyers like you (Sudhir Kumar) are displaying accusatory behaviour and questioning intent of people who ask for genuine help on a public forum. Just one advice, do not say others are fraudsters or have bad intent if you do not know them personally and also do not have concrete evidence against them whichcan be used in a court of law. You will not like it if someone would say the same for you or for that matter your family. Sorry Mr Sudhir Kumar, you do not deserve a thank you, please get an education as of how to behave like a human being, an not a person who distrusts everyone.

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     12 July 2014

This is a charitable form where free advise is given based on the facts which you present.

Ashvin Patel   07 April 2017

Criminal Case acquitted and appeal period to get Passport back is over, All the Case document including Passport destroyed
except final Court order.

What will be  tendency of Passport Office to issue Passport in the Case?

stanley (Freedom)     08 April 2017

@ Ashvin 

if you have been  aquited than the passport office would have to issue a passport to you .Alternatively even if you have any crimnal case going on the passport office may ask you to seek permission from the court . The reason being that you dont flee the country .

But in the passport form there is a column which askes for the old pasport no to be mentioned.

Ashvin Patel   08 April 2017

I was acquited in 2010 . Final order as mentioned below Date: 21/9/2010.

The accused is acquitted of the offence punishable U/Sec. 465,467,471,420, 511.

His bail bonds are cancelled, Surety discharged.

The disputed document be destroyed after lapse of appeal period.

Appeal period is over  or no appeal preferred within time and no stay is in operation of acquittal order and all Judicial record of Case has stands destroyed now in 2017 except final Hounarable Court contested Judgement  order

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register