denial of church membership.

my friend who is a Christian girl married to a Hindu boy in a court. the girl follows her own religion and the boy his own. The girl wants to join as a member of another Church. the church where she intends join asks her to get a certificate from the church where she was a member before her marriage. cam that church deny her the certificate just because she got married to a Hindu boy without notice to the church or without their consent.
what are the legal remedies.

Marriage according to Civil form under the Special Marriage Act has nothing to do with parties religion. A Christian woman who married Hindu man remains Christian by all means even after her marriage and no Church can deny her right to worship as a Christian and enjoy her membership to any particular Church which she wants to have. No prior notice or permission required from the Church for Civil Marriage by a Christian.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu