Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naa Channel Naa Istam   16 June 2018

defamation

Namasthey to all lawyers
and to this wonderful app.

I was married in the year 2011 and has one boy child. I was dismissed from a bank, where my mother in law went to the banks officers house and pleaded that I was guilty for mistake said to be happened in the bank. I have not done that and I did not ask her to go.

Basing on this bank suspended and dismissed me following an enquiry though none of the allegations are prooved. My mother in law came to the enquiry and deposed that she didn't went to her house. The case was pending before the labour court.

After marriage I came to know about the criminal background of my in laws family. Actually to seperate us my in laws played dirty tricks. After that in 2014 my wife sent me a divorce notice alleging me, my sister and my Late(before) father as mentally retarded. It effected my sister's marital life though they are united. My neighbours also came to know about the allegations which I came to know in a small altercation with my neighbour.

In the divorce case out of 18 adjournments she attended only 4 times clearly showing the dragging tactics.

Can I file criminal and civil defamation cases against on her baseless allegations. I am doing LLB (3/3). I can't bare lawyer charges. Can I send defamation notices to her on my own asking her reply why criminal defamation , civil defamation can't be filed against her.

Learning

3 Replies

my father died before my marriage

HIRAL THAKKAR (ADVOCATE )     16 June 2018

You can file a defamation complaint under IPC. However you should be able to prove the intention of sending notice

Respected lawyers please help me

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register