LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anirudha pardeshi   22 May 2018

debt collectors harassment

I took a loan from home credit for business but it failed and lost my job. I paid some EMIs but after that I was not able to pay due to loss of job but the company kept on forcing me due to which I lost my new job as well I asked them to give me some time but they closed my account and have asked to pay the whole amount in a single settlement. In the meantime the employees of the company have threatened me to send people to my residence for payment, provided wrong information about everything I asked for, did not understood the medical emergency in my house, sent a notice which was without sign and stamp of the lawyer in which they have mentioned about imprisonment and asked to pay within 3 days from issue of the letter whereas I received the letter after 10 days of issue.
now I am jobless and cannot pay them back but I am trying to get a new job but I can't pay them the whole amount at once.
please guide....

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 May 2018

You have borrowed and you should pay.

The tactics, threats of agents of lender can be checked.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 May 2018

There are many threads on similar query that you can search in SEEARCH option e.g;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Harrasment-by-icici-banks-recovery-agents-76271.asp

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register