Share on Email

Share More

Vishal Jain   04 May 2019

court allow to marry cousin

me and my father sisters daughter are in can we marry in court by legally

Learning

4 Replies

Varun2020   05 May 2019

no. it comes under prohibited relationship.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 May 2019

In Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, and Telangana., the arranged marriage of this relationship is the most preferred one.  I do not find such column in the prescribed application in a Registration form that states about any relationship between the couples.  Courts do not perform marriages.  It is the Registrar of marriages that gives the Marriage Registration certificate on receiving such application from the couple with evidence of Date of Birth certificate, photographs, a notarized affidavit and three witnesses.  Marriages are also permitted in all Aryasamaj mandirs and notified temples.  Contact Registrar of marriages for such laid down procedure.

P. Venu (Advocate)     05 May 2019

There is no such procedure called Court marriage. It is only marriage under the Special Marriage Act through the presescribed Registrar.

If there is a custom to that effect in community, marriage among those in prohibited relationship is permissble. Even otherwise, if people so situated marry, the marriage would be void but against each other, not against the whole world.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     06 May 2019

Mr. Om Prakash, the queriest has taken no offence. Kindly stop acting as the self-appointed super moderator.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register