Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Why don't Courts give receiving of the docs submitted ?

Why don't Indian courts give us receiving of the documents submitted by us ?

If we submit a fresh petition or some documents afterwards,Indian courts never give us any stamped/signed receiving on the copy of the documents submitted by us.it is a minus point in the judicial system.This way the system is providing a chance of mismanagement to the court staff and corrupt people.Courts should start giving the proper signed and stamped receiving to the submitters.What is you opinion,am I right?

Learning

7 Replies

mahendrakumar (marketing)     28 June 2010

i fully support your views in this regard.

1 Like

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     28 June 2010

Madhu you are right. need to discuss on this lot. our members may have lot of stories to discuss on this point

1 Like

Daksh (Student)     28 June 2010

Ms.Madhu,

I beg to differ with other fellow collegue's view as the Registry of the Courts in India are bound by the High Court Rules of the respective states for which reason it is a policy matter.

Secondly if one does filing he/she does recieves the filing number of the document and in case of objection the same can be taken back and after removal of objections the same are refiled.

Even during pendency of the matter you have a valuable right of getting inspected the records of your case (in some instances the information is available on net as well).  More so after inspection if you need you can get the documents photocopied after payment of charges in lieu thereof.

Last but not least there is a time period during which the courts have to maintain records of  the decided cases as such one can go and get the copies of the documents as per the requirement.

Best Regards

Daksh

1 Like

niranjan (civil practice)     28 June 2010

I would only suggest that one has tobe vigilant in the way that when submitted in the court,they are marked and entered into rojkam,so verify from the file whether it  reflects or not..but I agree with you that bench clerks are playing mischief.You have also to describe the details of documents,page numbers,date etc.in the list of documents,then it may not be possible to change or lost.

1 Like

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     28 June 2010

As far as I know we prepare a list of document produced/filed with type of document,  no. of pages etc mentioned on it then we get a recieving of advocate of oppo party by giving a copy of it. Also we keep a carbon/xerox copy of it with us. In CPC there is a format for it. Also we can obtain the certified copy of that list. There is no question of bungling.

(Order XII Rule 51 Court of Civil Procedure)

1 Like

Y.SARATH BABU (ADVOCATE)     30 June 2010

NO, Your are not correct,  After disposal of the case we can file D.R.Memo i.e. Document Return Memo through your advocate then court orders on that memo to return the documents filed by us.  then court will return your documents when you filed at the time of filing of the case.

Arun Shankar (Director)     16 September 2010

Order XII Rule 51?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register