LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sun shine (edu)     17 June 2010

please guide

My sister got her marriage registered in india as well as in the U.S.

Later she got divorced  in u.s and now has remarried

now she has to get divorced in india too.

How could she go about it?

Learning

7 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     17 June 2010

Why she has to apply for divorce here again? submit those papers of divorce here in Indian courts and get it approved. 

1 Like

Anjali (IT)     17 June 2010

how a marriage can be registered in two places ?

Daksh (Student)     17 June 2010

Dear Anjali,

As a standard practice before migration to U S even if the marriage is solemnized and registered in India the external affair department on instance of U S rules do insist for additional documents i.e. Affidavit from First Class Magistrate even in Delhi I am told they call people in external affairs ministry's office adjucent to Patiala House Court for execution and attestation of documents.

Best Regards

Daksh

Anjali (IT)     17 June 2010

Hi Daksh,

my question should be "How a marriage can be registered twice" .  Sun shine mentioned that marriage was also registered in USA.   Out of curiosity , would like to know how can a marriage be registered in multiple places. we are not discussing abt the documents attestation.  please correct me if I am wrong.

mahendrakumar (marketing)     17 June 2010

I donot think a divorce at a foreign country can nullify the marriage in India, unless the courts in India approves the same.

I do have the curiosity to know,when she is already registered her marriage in India,what was the need for again registering the same at US?

Rajesh Kumar (DGM)     17 June 2010

My employer a PSU is denying promotion to us on the ground that after promotion the number of vacant post will increase and the no. of officers will  be less. Is this a valid ground ? Can it be chellanged in the Court of Law?

Ravikant Soni (LAWYER IN JAIPUR)     17 June 2010

I do agree with mahendra kumar.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register