LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

muralidharashastry emani (employed)     13 May 2010

Govt., Land

I have purchased one acre land 25 years back. It got registered on my name. The seller based on Registered GPA he sold to me the one acre land. After registration we got it surveied by local revenue authority and divided to residential plots and was approved by Panchyath Authorities . I sold even one plot to some other party it was also registered. After that Govt., revenue department came into picture and they say it is assigned land and stopped all registration activities for that survey number. The present stand as per revenue authority it is assigned land. What is my legal stand in this if it is Govt., Land why they have not stooped registrations from the begining , people like who purchased what we are supposed to do . can you please clarify

Learning

2 Replies

niranjan (civil practice)     13 May 2010

As I understand,assigned land means land earmarked for public purpose.  I also feel that private land cannot be earmarked for public purpose,it has tobe acquired by the govt.on payment of compensation. So find out as to what is this assignment and when it was so decided and how.You can find way of challenging only thereafter.

Baskaran Kanakasabai (entrepreneur)     15 June 2010

pl. write to the Tahsildar and the SRO quoting the survey number of your land and query as to whether title of your land can be alienated through a registered sale deed and as to why it cannot be done so if their answer is no.

Their answers will provide you the information regarding the current status of your land. Then you will be able to proceed further.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register